FS/Poss Trade Apple Xserve 3.0ghz quad

poconopc

Gawd
Im possibly looking to unload my personal Xserve due to health reasons (extensive surgery coming up in May).

Late 2008 Apple Xserve , 2x 3.0ghz Quad Xeons , 8gb Ram , 3x - 1tb drives , Raid Card , 2 port Fibre Channel Card, Dual Power Supplies

Comes with Snow Leopard Server with retail discs , OSX Lion Developer Preview is currently installed.
It originally had Leopard Server installed but upgraded it.

Everything is in great condition and I have the original box.
Included is 2 fibre cables for the internal card , and the basic cables which came with unit.

I should have the rack mounts somewhere , never used them.
Asking $3000 shipped , I think is fair due to this unit has memory , fiber and hard drives compared to some on ebay and used mac shops.

I would rather not have to use Paypal as fees will kill me, Money Order or NON-Nigerian Warlord Cashiers check are fine. lol
I will use Paypal if some of the fees are included , maybe go 50/50?
Due to ebays crazy fees no way Im listing it there but I do have extensive feedback on ebay.
I will gladly talk to you on phone , send pics ect. Unit is in awesome condition and really was only used for learning my Apple Sys Admin certification.
My Surgery is going to keep me bed ridden for awhile.

Trades could be cash and a 64gb ipad 2 with 3g(att) or some other apple products.

**Update - will take 2000 for this unit.**

Last edited:
I sat down with my wife and I am willing to let this unit go for 2500 plus shipping.
I am really desperate to move this , its a beautiful unit that would work great anywhere you want it.

You can't ask for 50/50 on paypal fees. It violates their TOS and our rules. If you are accepting paypal, the fees are your responsibility

Ok , I am willing to sell for 2500 firm shipped. Sorry about asking for 5050 on fees, didn't relise.
I will trade for an equiv game pc which would be for my daughter.
I will also provide pics , talk on phone ect to insure a smooth sale.

Unit is immaculate , ready for any deployment ect.
I need to move within 2 weeks since my surgery is in a month.

Thanks for the Bump Roliath. Hey guys , really need to sell. I feel the 2500 is a great price for what is included in this box. Im willing to possibly take trades as I said toward the purchase price.

Ok , as my surgery is coming in 20 days. I will lower the price of this awesome Xserve to 2000.00 USD Shipped.
I will ship UPS in US only with Insurance.

bump, wish you luck on your surgery, wish you could sell it but unfortunately most high dollar stuff is hard to sell here.

Bumping to see if anyone is interested. I guess it will need to hit Ebay or I could try Philly or NY craigslist.

Back