FS: SCSI HDDs for sale

roberttran

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a bunch of SCSI hard drives I'd like to get rid of. They are all working drives and guaranteed to work. Shipping not included.

(3) Seagate Cheetah 73GB 10k RPM 80-Pin Ultra 320 - sold
These drives were warranty replacements that were sent back to replace failed drives. New drives were used instead while these were in transit so now I have these fresh drives for sale. They are fresh from Seagate and never used.

(8) IBM Ultrastar 36GB 10k RPM 80-Pin Ultra 160 - on ebay now
These are older drives, but still work flawlessly. These left over drives had been sitting in my closet for a while because I had been too busy to sell them. They are all working drives pulled from a working array. These are available because they were replaced with 73GB drives.

(1) Maxtor Atlas 18GB 10k RPM 80-Pin Ultra 320 - $15
This use to be my BSD server's primary drive but I have since upgraded to a larger drive.
DSC05415.JPG

DSC05416.JPG

Best way to contact me is through e-mail.
roberttran at drexel dot edu

This may be a stupid question...but can you use the 73gb Seagates with a 80 to 68 pin converter? If so I might be interested in one. :)

Thanks!

Well, I thought my scsi card was at least U160 but it isn't. Sorry. :(

Bump for great prices, though!

sandrew said:
This may be a stupid question...but can you use the 73gb Seagates with a 80 to 68 pin converter? If so I might be interested in one. :)

Thanks!

Yes, I'm running a few drives like that in my server. I'm even running them on U160 and they run fine.

Bad_dude said:
Where can I find a controller card cheap for those 73GB Cheetah drives?
Thanks

Best bet would be ebay. I have an IBM raid card what will support them, but I don't want to part it from my IBM server and I don't think it would work outside of an IBM anyways.

man I can actually see those 73s in a raid5 ... if I only had the money to backup my imagination :D

anywho, bump for you :)

bump for you. I am serioualy looking into getting a couple from you. My question is this...do you have any 80 to 68 pin adapters?

PM me for a package deal for 3 or 4 of these drives.

Thanks

bump for you. I am serioualy looking into getting a couple from you. My question is this...do you have any 80 to 68 pin adapters?

PM me for a package deal for 3 or 4 of these drives.

Thanks

PM sent, I don't have any spare adapters.

I've never used SCSI before so I'm definitely new to this...do these offer comparable performance to the annoyingly expensive 10k rpm raptors? Also, how can I tell which cheapie cards on ebay support 80 pin drives? Thanks

I've never used SCSI before so I'm definitely new to this...do these offer comparable performance to the annoyingly expensive 10k rpm raptors? Also, how can I tell which cheapie cards on ebay support 80 pin drives? Thanks

Ditto :D

I honestly don't know what the comparison between SCSI and SATA is. i think SCSI is better at sustained bandwidth, but don't quote me on it.

Wish I could take some more off your hands.

Someone buy this mans stuff!

Bump

Back