FS: Single stage in Lian-Li case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinu117

[H]ard|Gawd
This was my pet project that went on and came out nicely. Here are pics with what was done on Lian-Li V2000 case.

v2k-front.JPG

This shows 2 vantec EZSwap2 SATA HDD rack. Very nice unit and I have extra cartridge. Works great for those who keep benching & daily rig same but keep different HDD, etc.
You will notice bottom 3 bays having my fabricated vent hole. This is area where PSU goes in and I didn't want to suffocate PSU :)

v2k-front-psuhole.JPG

This shows hole cut in front of PSU. This is where you will wire cables, etc. I chose not to route main power cable and p4 power cable through this but it is possible.

v2k-left.JPG

Mobo tray part has been cut. This is to allow easy access to mounting mechanism without having to take out motherboard. Currently it has been cut to be easy on DFI-NF4...
Also there is another wiring route through divider wall that has been cut to ease the cable management.

v2k-fillport.JPG

Danger den 3/8" fill port is installed. Great for those H2O venture with GPU.

v2k-right.JPG

Nothing much to say.

v2k-back.JPG

Back PSU plate has been taken out and my fabricated plate with 120mm fan and switch, power plug for compressor, and power cord pass through hole for PSU is constructed.

v2k-parts.JPG

This is what you will get with system. Extra SATA drive rack, screws, etc. Armaflex if you wish to use it, 2 of closed cut cell foam that conforms to DFI
and 2 that is still not cut. Backplate with neoprene than armaflexed to keep it easy to mount, 3 faceplate for lian-li... :p

v2k-unloaded.JPG

now the unloaded temp with probe right at edge of evap. Ambient temp was 27c when taking picture and only condensor fan was on. I've seen evap temperature as high as -27c when dual priming x2 3800+ @ 1.68v. Keep in mind the placement of temp probe doesn't read as cold as vapochill or prometeia where they put probe at coldest point in system not where it really matters.

here is quick peek of what it can do.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1007081#post1007081

Now, it did cost me about $800-900 range for getting to where it is (didn't include all the driving and hassle or shipping :p)
Also note of importance is that this compressor is VERY quiet (Americold) in league with or even surpass that of danfoss used in mach units. However, fan used right now seems to be about 80-100cfm fan which you might want to swap to something quieter if you want it even quieter. Backplate currently has Panaflo M1A installed so fan controller might be an option if you want to keep things quiet.

I am letting this one out the door for $700 + actual shipping cost. Just keep in mind this case isn't cheapest case around to begin with.
I do have original box for the case so it should be no hassle packing it up to ship it out. Unit probably will weight in about 50-60 lbs. Single core users should see great temperature on this unit as I believe it cools better than stock Vapo LS and mach units (another reason I think the tuning wasn't quite done right for my use)

Heatware: jinu117
E-bay: jinu117
e-mail: jinwpark[at]yahoo[dot]com or jinwpark[at]charter[dot]net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back