FS: Swiftech Peltier cooling kit (CPU/GPU/Meanwell PSU)

NortHWizarD

Weaksauce
OK... I have 2 TEC/Peltier water blocks for sale, along with the meanwell power supply to power them. I want this stuff gone quick... so hit me up with offers!

first up is a Swiftech 5000 series 226watt/12volt peltier cooled CPU block - this block was originally made to fit only Intel socket 478, but I have had a custom-made mounting plate made for it so that it now will work perfectly with AMD socket 754/939/940 - and the original mounting plate comes along with it so it can go back to fitting Intel CPU's. The AMD mounting plate is currently on the block - you can see it in the pics and the original one is laying beside it.

I also have a Swiftech MCW50-T, 80watt/12volt peltier cooled video card water block. This will fit almost all ATI cards and a lot of Nvidia (FX5700 and older) cards, and it can also be upgraded to fit the newer Nvidia cards as well with a cheap mounting kit available from Swiftech or many online stores.

Lastly, to power the blocks, I have a meanwell S-300-12 power supply.
It is 12volts (adjustable up to 15 using the dial on the back), 300 watts and puts out about 30 amps. I also have a 5' or 6' power cord for the meanwell which i will gladly include.

All the parts have been tested and are guaranteed to work and they will fit 1/2" ID tubing.

I never ended up using them in my system as I decided to go bigger - I have went with a Wintsch Labs 437watt/24volt peltier CPU block.
I am asking $225.00 OBO, plus shipping to anywhere at buyers expense.
I will also entertain trades as well... I am looking for a good AGP card, ram, SATA hard drives, dual heater cores, thermochill or Black Ice triple rads - may be interested in other trades as well... possibly an X2-3800 CPU

You will need to get or make gaskets for the CPU block (I would suggest making them yourself... they are so simple and easy to make, or you can get them from online stores), and get your own silicone and dielectric grease, and maybe a can of conformal coating.

I never got a chance to use them, but I have a friend running the same blocks and he keeps his Opteron 144, overclocked to just over 3GHz, at about 5* Celsius under full load, and is about -5* Celsius at idle... and the video card block keeps an X800 pro running right at around 0 under full load.

I can't and won't guarantee or promise what kind of temps you will get, since that is completely dependant on the rest of your cooling system, but I suggest a good rad (120.2 or better) and pump - the colder you can keep the blocks, the better the peltiers perform and colder they will make the processors, so a good rad is a must to get the best performance - a 120.2 would be the smallest I would reccomend, or even better, a heater core or 120.3 thermochill or black ice.

here are some pics

swiftech-pelt-kit005.jpg

swiftech-pelt-kit003.jpg

swiftech-pelt-kit001.jpg

The blocks have been painted purple to match the build I was/am doing, but they can be very easily painted to any colour you want them to be - that is no big deal.
The video card block has a molex connector on it so it can be plugged directly in to a computer's PSU - so, if you have a big/strong PSU (a 550 or better) you can run it directly through the PSU and then run the CPU block and pump and fans or something off of the meanwell - there are many different ways to configure the system.
I have the mounting hardware for the AMD setup and also have the mounting for the video card block as well (threaded rods, nuts, washers, springs), so aside from gaskets (the vid card block has gaskets on it which should be just fine), it is basically plug and play.

I have a bit of heat under - NortHWizarD
and have dealt with a few people from this forum, and I am very well knowm on some other forums. I also have over 100 positive feedbacks on Ebay (northwater_xtreme_pc_cooling)... a perfect record

I will take EMT, cash, non-cc paypal, or money orders. I live just west of Hamilton Ontario, Canada, and do not mind if you want to come pick it up.

Also, check below for the results of my testing of the peltier system
you can contact me through here or by EMAIL

Thanks for looking, and BumPs are greatly appreciated!

~NortH~

Update -

I put the cpu block on an Opteron 144 and Soltek board (made my own gaskets) last night just to test things out, using a Black Ice Extreme 120.2 rad with 2 70cfm 120mm fans, and was getting an average of 2* Celsius with an overclock of 250FSB/1.5volts (this motherboard is NOT the best overclocker LOL)

The system works great, and I will toss in the gaskets I made, which work perfectly... absolutely 0 condensation!

How else can you get temps down near 0 degrees Celsius for this type of money! Think of the overclocks with a good CPU and good motherboard!!!

-~=}{NortH}{=~-

evening bump - would really like this stuff gone... someone take it off my hands... make me a decent offer or trade me something good... the longer I keep it the more tempted I am to use it on a system LOL

~NortH~

looking to get rid of this quick... open to offers and trades as well - AGP video card, good ram, SATA hdd's - let me know what you have :)

Back