FS: Two Seagate 500GB ST3500630AS drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

B. W.

2[H]4U
The drives have been sold.​

For Sale:

I have two Seagate 500GB drives for sale. I pulled them out of a NAS that I have been using on and off. Seagate supposedly offers a 5-year warranty, but there is no proof of purchase, so YMMV. Update: See post.

I'll sell them both for $80 shipped. I'm not willing to part because I don't want to pay for shipping twice, so I won't accept any offers for one, sorry!

Information:

Shipping: USPS Priority

I've been getting a few PMs about the warranty status. It looks like these are OEM drives, so there is no warranty on them. I don't want to sell them under the false pretext that there is one, so if no one's interested I'll just keep them.

Update: I'll try to compromise. Since Newegg sells these drives new for $79.99, I'll bring my price down to $80. That way, you can always mirror the drives in a RAID array or using software if you choose to. Either way, it's 1TB of storage for next to nothing.

Just FYI, OEM drives usually have warranty unless they're something like Dell pulls. You should be able to put the S/Ns in on Seagate's site to check how much warranty remains. HDD warranties are from manufacture date and not purchase date and I've never seen any of the big names require an invoice for warranty service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back