FSP Kingcraft 1000w $69

Why would they use a freakin 80mm fan in a PSU that large? I know it's older, but c'mon my Antec NeoPower 480 used a freakin 120mm fan 7 years ago!

How many pcie plugs does it have?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

How many pcie plugs does it have?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
2 6 pin and 2 8 pin.

Pretty much a useless 1000watt psu. Unlikely you are gunna pull 1000 watts with just 2 gpus. They could have atleast added an extra EPS for use with multi cpu mobos.

But still costs less than a decent 750 so the price is right.

this thing looks exactly the same as my OCZ ProXstream 1000w down to the 80mm fan and no power switch, wonder if this the same unit rebadged...? the 80mm fan is not that big of a deal imo...

funny, first the ProXstream was on sale last year as a refurb for around $70 shipped at SVC IIRC, now this one is on sale for about the same...

great psu for the money if it's a rebadged ProXstream...

this thing looks exactly the same as my OCZ ProXstream 1000w down to the 80mm fan and no power switch, wonder if this the same unit rebadged...? the 80mm fan is not that big of a deal imo...

funny, first the ProXstream was on sale last year as a refurb for around $70 shipped at SVC IIRC, now this one is on sale for about the same...

great psu for the money if it's a rebadged ProXstream...

It's the other way around. FSP provided OCZ with this, which OCZ named the ProXtreme.

To whoever posted about it: You can use molex to PCI-e adapters....

It's the other way around. FSP provided OCZ with this, which OCZ named the ProXtreme.

To whoever posted about it: You can use molex to PCI-e adapters....

yeah, that makes more sense, but still, a good PSU, especially for the money at that wattage...

I might have to buy this one after tampering with my true OCZ ProXStream 1000W. It's not looking too good ;(.

I'd be tempted if my gamestream weren't doing just fine. I traded my proxstream 1000w to a friend because it was just too goddamn loud. Ironically he bought one and it was near silent so I guess some of them just have crappy fans.

Newegg says its over 85% efficient. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104040

Can anyone tell me how loud it is?

See the ProXStream part of this review.....it is loud, very loud.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2007/06/12/ocz_1000w_power_supply_duel/

I'd be tempted if my gamestream weren't doing just fine. I traded my proxstream 1000w to a friend because it was just too goddamn loud. Ironically he bought one and it was near silent so I guess some of them just have crappy fans.

Depends on your load and ambient temp.....but it is a loud power supply. Good, but loud.

I really like FSP. Only ordered a few PSUs from them over the years, but they have been solid and reliable units ... so far.

If this was a single-rail PSU, I would have already bought one...

(Or more...)

Back