FTGH Free to good Home, Compaq 7122 Rack

Treyshadow

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a compaq 7122 22u server rack that is free to a good home.

Pictures!
compaqrack.JPG

More pics at http://www.treyandcat.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=22434&g2_page=2

It is 49.5x23x32 (HxWxD) and has both doors and a fully working caster set on it. It does not include the top as I never had the top for the rack.

reason why its available
I have a much nicer Dell 42u rack now.

Defects
The front door has some tape residue on it from a sign that was on it for years. It will come off with some elbow grease.

There is also some rust on the rack as it was outside for about 4 months of its life, but its been cleaned off, and is ready for someone who wants to have a nice project rack.

It could be used without painting, but painting it would make it much more [H]

This rack is available to anyone who will come and pick it up. I am in the Houston, TX (Sugar land) area.

Questions
Will you ship? Hell NO
Can I come get it tomorrow? Yes

lol, I want it but I am across the country from ya and the shipping or gas to get it would be more than just buying one locally :p

Ugh I would come get it...because I love free tech stuff....but wtf would I do with it!??!? :confused: :p

Ugh I would come get it...because I love free tech stuff....but wtf would I do with it!??!? :confused: :p

duh...buy some rackmount enclosures on ebay to jam your boxes into and run kvm over ethernet to your office, or just load up some vnc server prog to start at OS boot and remotely manage your farm. :D

duh...buy some rackmount enclosures on ebay to jam your boxes into and run kvm over ethernet to your office, or just load up some vnc server prog to start at OS boot and remotely manage your farm. :D

Send me the boxes to jam into it...and then I will go get it! Deal? :p

To the top for the evening crowd.

O and a 24 port ICC patch panel comes with the rack also.

compaqrack2.jpg

compaqrack3.jpg

Back