Fuad: 8800GX2 in Q1'08, G100 mid 08

defiant007

2[H]4U
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4045&Itemid=1

Nvidia told a few holy souls that its new high end card is getting ready for Q1 2008 launch. Nvidia knows it is late for Xmas but it didn't had much options as the new high end was simply not ready for Q4 2007.

The whole new high end codenamed D8E – Enthusiast will have two chips on two PCB's with two huge power connectors. Most of you remember the 7950 GX2 so this will be a similar card. We still have to confirm if the chips on this cards are two G92's but we heavily suspect that Nvidia can enable the eight cluster of this 65nanometre chip and make the current 8800GT chip even faster. If Nvidia does that 8800GT chip will become 8800GTS 512MB, just with a touch of a flash tool.

After all the G92 has more transistors than the G80 which means it has at least the same brute power, faster Shaders and a new Video processors and we are sure that it has eight clusters just as many as G80 has.

Two of these chips should run very fast and we reckon that such a card should be able to beat R680, ATI’s high end scheduled for the same timeframe.

Nvidia also plans a new single chip high end card for mid 2008 codenamed G100 or D9E.

Damn you nvidia....if true! *sigh*

If we get confirmation from a more credible source I am just going to get a GT and wait until the next high end single chip card. My damn 6800GT cant run fuck all games these days. A thousand curses on you nvidia (and even more on ATI for being so shit!)! :mad:

ummm interesting. migth as wel buy a GT now and wait a year for the new single high end card to come out. does a GT play crysis in very highs ettings at res of 1680 with an average fps of 30-40?

all im waiting on then is the new x48 mobos and the new quad core cpu's and im sorted

it sucks, nothing can play crysis with all settings maxed (dx10, 4aa, 16af) at 1600x1200 except 8800gtx sli, i.e. no drops below 30fps.

8800gt is high (i.e. dx9) at 1280x1024 playable. it is a beast of a game!
f

it sucks, nothing can play crysis with all settings maxed (dx10, 4aa, 16af) at 1600x1200 except 8800gtx sli, i.e. no drops below 30fps.

f

yea its the reason why i wont buy that game till i have a mahcine that can run the damm thing on high at my native 1680 resolution

I have an 8800 Ultra and rarely drop below 30fps on high-very high dx9 or 10. very playable...although improvements would be nice

So this is simply an all-in-one SLI part? That sucks. I doubt my current rig will work with it, not without a BIOS update, could be wrong.

nVidia, you've had a new architecture every year for the last seven, looks like you've missed the boat this year.

I guess we can't expect fantastic cards like the 8800 to pop up one a year all the time.

I'll be sticking with my single Ultra still spring it looks! I've tweaked with settings that I can play Crysis at maximum settings in DX10 at 1280x768, and it's very playable and looks good, just no AA.

f

I find Crysis at everything Very High except Shadows and Post Proc (both set to high) very playable. My avg fps is about 36. Oh yeah I lowered motion blur to mininum cause I dont like those effects.
Resolution is 1280x1024. I wish I could do 1600x1200 but I still love this game's graphics.

I guess I will ask here:

When the fabled 1 TFlop card does come out (because you know it is just a matter of time), will I need PCI-E 2.0 to get the most out of it?

I am currently putting together a new rig and am unsure whether to get the Abit IP35 Pro or the Asus Maximus Formula. They both seem like great boards but I do not want to have to get a new motherboard when the next gen of cards does come out. As a gamer, I upgrade my video card more frequently than the rest of the system typically.

f

It's the demo though, it isn;t the final release the final release will be a different build i have seen videos of people playing the final version and it plays smoother than the demo.

Isnt it true that the Demo of Crysis doesnt even support SLI or MultiCore processors yet?

I was really hoping we wouldn't have another *7950* ah well, guess I wait until Q2

I hope this is one time, that Fudzilla is dead balls wrong!

If they are correct, when my WaterKeg arrives at my house this month, I'll just grab the fastest card released. Hopefully it will be at least the GTS G92 card.

Now it will have to be EVGA, and hope the 1TF monster actually surfaces in the 90 days for step up qualification.

So much for a VP's word....

The 1920 X 1200 full eye candy dream is flying away.

You can here the people now saying, just turn down your settings, and turn off AA.

Whatever......

Not what I was looking to buy.

My FPD shines at that res.

Back