Full screen video spanning dual monitors?

twisthero

n00b
I just got in to this dual monitor stuff, and I must say that its pretty cool. I am using NVIDIA GeForce FX5200, with Driver version 6.6.9.3. As far as I can tell everything is working fine except I can't seem to play a dvd, or any video file full screen spanning both monitors. I can play a video on one screen windowed and have it show up on the other screen full, but whenever I try to play a video full both screens it only shows up on one monitor and the other half of the video is blank. Is there anyway to accomplish this?

Software:
Nview Desktop manager
WMP
PowerDVD
InterActual Player

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I have a triple monitor setup and would like to play the video Wild Jungle from sega which is a view point from a jeep and you see forward, and a bit to the right and left. That would be fun an three monitors. Video Example: Link

I'm not sure if you'll be able to get this to work full screen, but have you tried putting the screens into spanned mode (ie- both at same res/refresh & the start menu goes all the way across both)?
That might at least let you play the video across 2 monitors in a Window.
You could also look for a disable overlay option. I know I've seen one before in some video players. Of course this will affect performance, but if you're not stressing the machine and drop the resolution down low enough it should play ok.

Using nview yes.

Tried playing videos in spanned mode, and dual view, neither work. Tried looking for overlay settings can't seem to find anything there that helps...still looking though.

twisthero said:
Tried looking for overlay settings can't seem to find anything there that helps...still looking though.
You may have to go through several media players. What format are you trying to play?

dvd's and .mpgs, haven't tried divx yet, but i don't think i have any divx format anyway

Back