Full TRIM support now available for Kingston SSDNow V Series SNV125-S2/40GB!

Devil24

2[H]4U
Found it here... this is hot of the press! the workaround/hack was found earlier today!!!

I've updated both of my drives and can confirm that this works :D!!!

A pic for proof:

kingstonssdtrimenabledp.png

Look at the "Firmware" and notice the ID and check out the "Supported Features" and smile when you see TRIM in bold face (aka enabled!)... and the CMD window and the "fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify" command and its resulting "0", which is a direct confirmation from Windows 7 that TRIM is fully enabled/supported by the drive now.

Oh sweetness! I was starting to worry I would never get TRIM on this little guy.

..and the CMD window and the "fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify" command and its resulting "0", which is a direct confirmation from Windows 7 that TRIM is fully enabled/supported by the drive now.

FYI, the command verify that TRIM is fully enabled/supported by the OS, not the drive.

So the only real way to test that TRIM is working is by benchmarking after heavy use (or filling the drive up, deleting stuff, and then benchmarking)?

Anyway, if you did get it working that's great news! It makes that drive a heck of a steal for all those people that bought it for $85 AR when the rebate was in effect, back in November... Considering the Intel version w/TRIM costs $120 and even a 30GB Vertex drive costs $99 at best (specials/rebates).

Has anyone seen the Kingston drive online for less than $130-ish btw? It'd be a nice buy now if you can score it at a discount, apparently Kingston was discontinuing it anyway or something (hasn't been in stock at Newegg for a while FWIW).

I didn't run across the thread on OCN until after it was mentioned in Anand's latest SSD article, but it worked out great after some fiddling which I detailed over there.

Here's more proof if you weren't convinced, my drive yesterday morning before I did anything (it had over 800 GB of writes), and after successfully updating it then running the Intel SSD Toolbox Optimizer over it:

cdme.png

Back to new :D

Pretty damn impressive jump in 4K read/write speeds, good screenshot to show people that claim TRIM support is overrated, heh. It literally went from being 2-3x as fast as a HDD back to being 20-40x faster, in that regard. :p

No, you can issue a manual TRIM command thru Intel's Toolbox within XP, but TRIM itself (which happens dynamically as you delete stuff,so you never have to worry about it) won't work in WinXP. Join the 21st century and upgrade to Win7. ;)

Back