Fullscreen BIOS logo - can it be changed?

Hi,

A colleague of mine is wanting to change the full-screen BIOS logo splash screen on his HP desktop and has offered to pay me to do it if it can be done. So far I've successfully been able to change the Energy Star logo on Award BIOSes but I have been unable to find anything regarding the newer fullscreen logos that come on a lot of mobos/computers today. Since searching the [H]|F proved fruitless also I figured I'd post...

so has anybody been able to do this? If so, how? Any tips or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I can do it if I use a program for it...Style XP will make it very easy.

I thought StyleXP could only change the Windows loading screen? I'll look into it..thanks

cbrom32 will allow you to extract the logo, but I have no clue if HP BIOSes are readable by it.

I know that quite a number of motherboard manufacturers (especially ASUS and, surprisingly, Intel) allow customization of the BIOS load screens of their motherboards. In the case of HP, Dell, etc., it depends on how much they customized their motherboards and BIOSes.

^ agreed. some mobos (like the Asus A7N8X deluxe) allowed the user to set their own splash screen and record their own post messages. however, I doubt that you could do that on any old mobo without a lot of low-level hacking and a few spare boards to burn through.

Back