Furmark - The Ultimate GFX card burner

SuperKeijo

Gawd
I don't know if this is common knowledge here, but I came across an application that heats up a graphics card like no other. Great for testing OC stability. My 8800 gts 512 heats up to about 80c with fan ~65%.

Furmark

Furmark? Heh...i can just see it being 2 furries having sex on your monitor. I'll stick with my fuzzy die.

I find I get the highest temperatures from playing Crysis. Atitool maxes out my 8800GT at 64-66 Celcius while Crysis can get the card up to 74. I've also run prime on one core with atitool on the other to max my cpu while atitool is running to eliminate system heat variable, still the same. My hypothesis is that atitool etc. don't stress the shader units like Crysis

It's also THE program to use if you wanna smoke your poorly cooled voltmodded card. Been following this thread over at xtremesystems for a while now and the Fur Benchmark has claimed a number of cards. :p

Not mine tho 'cos I watercool, innit. :cool:

Yeah I've been using this for a while now. I don't know why they renamed it though.....Furmark sounds incredibly stupid :)

It does a good job of heating up my 8800GT. Its built-in GPU temperature display shows temps at least 5C higher then SensorsView and others, though.

What about this program?

I haven't tried it on this card but when I did have a 3870 it got the temp up a couple degrees more than AtiTool but nothing like Crysis. I'll try it again, though.

As for rthdribl, it hasn't been too stressful for a couple of years now, even Atitool gets my card hotter. It needs to be updated with a better GUI and the test itself.

I gave this app a whirl and I like it a lot. I used it to test the overclock on my 8800GTX and it really puts some serious strain on the GPU.

This app would be ace except...

It certainly gets my card hot, about 5C hotter than previously recorded, but it doesnt crash until I reach much higher clocks.

My card is normally clocked to 760/1890/930 and will just about be ok with the core clock at 770 if its not a hot day.
Furmark lets me get up to 810MHz core rock stable and only crashes at 820MHz (jumping 10MHz at a time).

So while its good at gettting the temp up, its no use for stability testing.
(running standard config, stability test)

So while its good at gettting the temp up, its no use for stability testing.

You can always use Furmark to stress the GPU and ATI Tool to watch for artifacting and monitor stability.

Wee nice. Was looking for a tool like this.

Gives me about 5C more than when running Crysis.

You can always use Furmark to stress the GPU and ATI Tool to watch for artifacting and monitor stability.

Running them both drops the temps by 2C min and ATItool isnt reporting any errors either when running faster than my stable speeds.

Running them both drops the temps by 2C min...

This definitely holds true, especially when you are running more than 1 stability test at a time. For instance:

1. Orthos/Prime 95 + Windows Memtest will give you "inaccurate" (lower) CPU temps.
2. Orthos/Prime 95 + ATITool will give you "inaccurate" (lower) CPU and GPU temps.

Only one test can be run at a time to give you accurate results on either the GPU, CPU, or memory.

Back