Future Shuttle System - Recommendations?

Blackdog

Limp Gawd
I currently have 2 systems in my room. 1 is my big Lian Li PC75B hardcore gaming system. The other is my old K6-2 system for old-school gaming. I was thinking of replacing the bulky old Win98 system I have in my room for Old School gaming purposes (playing games on DOS/95/98 that won't work at all in Win XP) with a Shuttle system to save space.

Here is the barebones Shuttle I was thinking of getting:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=56-101-408&depa=0

Mainly b/c it's got the nVidia onboard-video.Now the only things I'd be doing with this system is old-school gaming and perhaps internet browsing/chatting while I'm playing or doing other things on my main system. I could possibly get a cheaper shuttle for much less, as I don't need the processing speed that this one offers really. If somebody has a better/cheaper suggestion than that one, I'm open to suggestions to that as well.

Also - what size HDD would I want to go for if I were going to possibly dual-boot this thing with maybe DOS/95/98 and XP? The only concerns I have is that you really only want to run XP on an NTFS formatted HDD and 95/98 on a FAT16/FAT32 formatted disk/partition. So would an 80 GB be too much for that?

I currently have both systems hooked up to a KVM switch and will have dual LCD's eventually by the end of the year (depending on money). :)

Back