Fuzion Nozzles

JC634

Gawd
OK, I must not have been keeping up on WC'ing enough.

I see from another thread that the Fuzion has a nozzle kit available. I have a E6600 and it would always be nice to get a little more performance (or cooling) gain.

I take it that they actually provide a decent cooling upgrade from a base fuzion? Looks like a cheap upgrade. Just curious as to if it is worth it tear apart the system to add 'em.

Off course, it just might be time to tinker a little more....;)

The 4.5 nozzle is the one. Should gain you ~3c when used with the gasket to seal the top and the mid plate.

While you're at it, you may want to bow the fuzion; that will probably yield a higher performance gain than the nozzles, and with them even greater gain.

While you're at it, you may want to bow the fuzion; that will probably yield a higher performance gain than the nozzles, and with them even greater gain.

hmm, I've heard about bowing, but I have never understood the process. Any tutorials?

hmm, I've heard about bowing, but I have never understood the process. Any tutorials?

I don't have any stinking Intel processors, but the issue appears to be that the Intel integrated heat sink (IHS) is not flat. So what they do typically is to make the water block concave (or convex depending on the way you look at things) so it provides more contact with the IHS. Thus you can transfer more heat.

IIRC, they used to insert an oversize O-ring and when you tightened up the block it would warp the base to fit. Now days I think they come pre-screwed up. ;)

Fortunately for me AMD does not have this problem. That means I can move my blocks from one processor to another. :D

I don't have any stinking Intel processors, but the issue appears to be that the Intel integrated heat sink (IHS) is not flat. So what they do typically is to make the water block concave (or convex depending on the way you look at things) so it provides more contact with the IHS. Thus you can transfer more heat.

IIRC, they used to insert an oversize O-ring and when you tightened up the block it would warp the base to fit. Now days I think they come pre-screwed up. ;)

Fortunately for me AMD does not have this problem. That means I can move my blocks from one processor to another. :D
No dude, you have no idea what you are talking about. The idea behind bowing and stepping is to concentrate the mount pressure over the die(s) under the IHS and not on the outer support of the IHS itself. The IHS is ~31mm ^2, there is an approximate 2mm ridge that runs round the outer perimeter of the IHS. The goal is to get pressure INSIDE this 2mm outer ridge. Bowing and stepping works best on FLAT IHS anyway.

Back