**FX-60 + MB for $299 after $20 MIR** SMOKING!

an American Motherboard manufacture?!?!?!?

The Only Motherboard that Comes with a Lifetime Warranty.
Mach Speed Technologies is one of the only American owned and operated motherboard manufacturers. Mach Speed products are built to the highest technical standards and are specially engineered to achieve breakthrough performance. Mach Speed is so confident in the quality of its motherboards that it provides a lifetime warranty with product registration.

All the Mach Speed boards i had were just rebadged jetway or biostar boards. They just put a stickers over the model numbers and manufactuer names with there own.

They never said they produce them here, however they are based here in the USA, thier business is in the USA, and they are also owned here... not a foreign company like ASUS, DFI, ECS, etc..

This is a hot deal for the CPU alone, but you get a mobo to boot!

I've actually bought 2 mach speed boards. For everyday use, they have been great, not a single hiccup.

This is a good deal, wish I had the cash.

Wow, on pricewatch the cost of the chip is $525+. What a deal on a combo for a kickass budget gaming machine...

god dammit i hate spending money, but i feel so compelled.

why the hell do I even look in the HotDeals section!??

i Know how you feel, I have a 939 so I wouldn't mind ebaying the motherboard and keeping teh cpu to myself

Which amazes me that if you click on the more information for CPU the price is $399.

Canadian pricing Link
Still not bad $386.99

after $20 rebate,, (which i doubt works here in Canada, more then likely rebate is USA only).

even without rebate its still beats the regular price of the chip alone ;)

This is a fantastic deal for the CPU no doubt, however if your looking strictly for performance a E6300 and Biostar 965PT actually come out a little cheaper.

This is a fantastic deal for the CPU no doubt, however if your looking strictly for performance a E6300 and Biostar 965PT actually come out a little cheaper.

Coaches Challenge: not after you factor in the difference between DDR and DDR2 memory. and upon review, benchmarks between the e6300 and FX-60 show mixed results.

Aw...nuts. Yeah, thats cheaper than pricegrabber.com for just the CHIP. Their lowest listed in ZZF at $398.

can someone explain to me why anyone is buying AMD these days? Ive always bought AMD in the past but intels, 6x00 line kills it and is cheaper. So why purchase an inferior cpu?

can someone explain to me why anyone is buying AMD these days? Ive always bought AMD in the past but intels, 6x00 line kills it and is cheaper. So why purchase an inferior cpu?
drop in upgrade for existing s939 users. A 6x00 cpu may not be any more expensive on its own, but you're not buying it on its own. You also have to split for a new mobo and memory. Things started adding up in a hurry at today's mem prices. :(

Cuz the person has a mobo and DDR memory that is still good and he don't want to replace it? Getting just the CPU is cheaper than replacing the mobo and memory also.

Cuz the person has a mobo and DDR memory that is still good and he don't want to replace it? Getting just the CPU is cheaper than replacing the mobo and memory also.

Exactly. I already invested 2 x 1 GB of RAM and have a Socket 939 motherboard. I just want to replace my single-core Venice 3200+ 2.0 GHz CPU with something that's got another core and possibly faster clock rate, but without abusing my wallet. FXs are still a bit pricey compared to the non-FX version. However, $300 is the cheapest I've seen this CPU, albeit it's OEM and not retail.

for those that have.. 939 motherboards, ddr memory, cooling fans,

My bad, left out a word. I meant to say "dual-core Opteron" CPU. Sorry for the confusion.

eh?

you still aren't making sense. fx line is better than opteron. unlocked multipliers.

please inform us why you would prefer it be an opteron.

eh?

you still aren't making sense. fx line is better than opteron. unlocked multipliers.

please inform us why you would prefer it be an opteron.

FX chips are already pretty much overclocked and run fast, so wouldn't Opterons that have a lot of headroom have more potential? You're right about unlock multipliers of FX, some can can make good use of that. Also, per stock GHz, an Opteron would be much cheaper than an FX. But these discussions/debates belong in the AMD sub-forum.

There is an entire line of Opterons. The low-end 165 is cheap and has lots of headroom for overclocking. The high-end 185 is not cheap nor has lots of headroom for overclocking. The 185 is essentially the same as the FX60, but without the unlocked multiplier.

not a bad deal if you already have an AMD set up. Would be better if it was an FX-62!

Personally, I'd rather get an e6300 + DS3 for around the same price, and overclock it to 3.0-3.5Ghz+ and lay the smack down on that or any FX chip (stock or overclocked).

i bit. i have a x2 4800 but im just going to swap it out for the fx60 and make another system out of the machspeed shits.

I want this, but I have no job and my current system gets me by. I guess i'll have to wait another year... but by then i'm sure something else will be good.

Damn, this just looks so good. :(

I bit as well...not ready for a complete overhaul (CPU+Mobo+DDR2)...I can just drop it in and make my 8800GTS scream just a little faster ;)

I already have all 939 hardware, why would I want to shell out much more cash on:
1. New CPU
2. New MB
3. New RAM

??

i can see why those with amd platforms would hold out. It's just that your money IS better spent on intel's latest 6300 and mobo for cheap--some boards will accomodate ddr and ddr2 memory--just not at the same time.

again, I do undertand the convenience and economic reasons for staying AMD.

Why did so many people stick with AMD instead of jumping to Intel when AMD was in charge of performance? People have their reasons. :rolleyes:

This is a pretty slick deal on the set. If I hadn't already revamped my box, I'd be tempted to bite and try it. Still, great deal!

I ordered mine on the 23rd of January and it arrived today, the 26th of January!! I probably will not be installing it anytime soon, I have to wait until I can get my new case and decide what videocard update I want. I am hoping for a single slot version of the 8800. I may stop by comp usa and pick up one of those zalman 9500. Order a part here and there and eventually you have a new computer.

i hate tigerdirect. i remeber why i dont order from them. i got a tracking number last week and no updates to that tracking number. so i called them and waited on hold for 30 minutes to be told that it was scanned but never shipped. and they would ship another out today and hung up. im waiting on hold again.

fucking idiots, they said ups lost it, ups says they havent got the package. i cancled the shit and the guy said it would take 7-10 days for ups to track the package. i called my credit card company and got my money back.

fucking idiots, they said ups lost it, ups says they havent got the package. i cancled the shit and the guy said it would take 7-10 days for ups to track the package. i called my credit card company and got my money back.

That sucks. :( I've never ordered from TD but have heard very mixed things about them.

I am very wary of TigerDirect as well, although I never have personally ordered from them. I have heard two dozen horror stories like this. Sorry, $300 is too much to be testing out TD's value as a reseller.

Back