FX-60 seems decent

them crazy japanese! :p

the fx-60.. definitly looks interesting. but we knew that already :cool:

(past my bedtime :()

actual price will probably be close to the FX-57. i'm dissapointed we didn't see a 2.8ghz stock dc FX, but oh well. i guess we'll get the FX-65 soon enough, and the fx-60 will turn into the 5200+, with a 5000+ also being created :D

umm if the Fx57 is 2.8Ghz then shouldnt the FX60 be 3.0Ghz?

{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
So it can do 3.2Ghz OCed? What does it do at stock? 2.8Ghz? Wow. I wonder how much it costs..
the FX57 is 2.8Ghz stock

finally, if amd can keep this type of scaling, i think they can really segment the market. The ultra high end market wont be buying opty 170's, if they only go around 2.8. Keeping everything equal on air, FX's should be clearly above anything else not just a stupid unlocked multi. If i ever make tons of mulah id get an fx60 or later gens if they can clearly have 400+ OC's over anything else, not an $800 premium on the fx name, mem controler, and unlocked multi, to me thats not enough 3 or 4 times the cost of the next best thing.

Now, if only AMD can make a midrange $500 for next gens that would own.

something like a $350 opty 165 OCing to 2.8
$500 midrage OCing to 3.0
$750 FX OCing 3.2
all on air would clearly segment the market just like vid cards with the gt,gtx.gtx 512

I(illa Bee said:
umm if the Fx57 is 2.8Ghz then shouldnt the FX60 be 3.0Ghz?

the FX57 is 2.8Ghz stock

No. The FX60 is a dual core. Basically starting with 60, it's a new product line, kind of like the X2's and their PR's.

robberbaron said:
No. The FX60 is a dual core. Basically starting with 60, it's a new product line, kind of like the X2's and their PR's.

ohhhh cool!!!!!!!

soo wow!!!!!!! 2.6Ghz dual core (1mb cachex2) fucking sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robberbaron said:
Then I'll get a GeForce FX5200 to match the CPU.

Yup, the secret to real ultimate power in overclocking has always been number matching.

So this is dual core? 3.2ghz OC with only 1.55v? 2.8ghz stock? I might pick one up if it was under $800. Too bad these things will probably be $1100 onwards.

nah its 2.6 stock dual core OC to 3.2 on air, this gives alot more 'value' in the FX series IMO. Now if only i had 1k to buy one.

yeah AMD got their heads out of their butts, What were they thinking making a low end chip top out to similar speeds of their flagship on air. And they fixed it the right way, not by taking away the superb low end chip, but making the fx better than ever.

strikeout said:
yeah AMD got their heads out of their butts, What were they thinking making a low end chip top out to similar speeds of their flagship on air. And they fixed it the right way, not by taking away the superb low end chip, but making the fx better than ever.
QFT about time.

Aaron_ATX said:
Yup, the secret to real ultimate power in overclocking has always been number matching.
I have an Opteron 146 which runs at 2.6ghz, and my video card runs at 600/600, I also use 1600x1200 Resolution, my age is 16... hmm what else matches?

A friend of mine who is a reviewer for a large site has the FX60 for a few weeks now, it's a dual core @ 2.8Ghz each... essentially two FX57 cores on a chip.

The only problem is that he can't take pictures or display any benchmarks or anything because of the legal contract that he signed to review the cpu :rolleyes:

Anyways, he was hinting that he will have it at the January 7th Lanparty (www.grlanparty.com) in Michigan.

shoman24v said:
Splended your opteron can overclock to FX speeds, doesn't mean it's an FX.

Stop trying to say or prove or boast that you got an FX for $300 because you didn't.
Man calm down, he was just saying that 2.6ghz Dual Core is awesome.

Borgschulze said:
Man calm down, he was just saying that 2.6ghz Dual Core is awesome.
Mine runs 2.6GHz too. I don't go boasting about it or attesting to its sweetness.

With dual core, if an app isn't made to run for a dual core CPU it runs as fast as a single core at X.XX GHz.

shoman24v said:
Mine runs 2.6GHz too. I don't go boasting about it or attesting to its sweetness.

With dual core, if an app isn't made to run for a dual core CPU it runs as fast as a single core at X.XX GHz.
If you have a problem with him report his post then, or PM him, don't freak out in a Thread.

I hope a mod comes by and deletes these posts.

dan, i agree. though on a similar note, i have an fx-59 ;)

Ockie said:
A friend of mine who is a reviewer for a large site has the FX60 for a few weeks now, it's a dual core @ 2.8Ghz each... essentially two FX57 cores on a chip.
are you certain about this? EVERYTHING i've seen puts the fx-60 at 2.6ghz with two cores. considering the pricing, it makes perfect sense.

(cf)Eclipse said:
dan, i agree. though on a similar note, i have an fx-59 ;)

Yeah I love my FX-55!

I'm also wondering about the FX-60 now.. if it's 2.6ghz or 2.8ghz...

(cf)Eclipse said:
i'm voting 2.6ghz, but i'm often wrong :D

From what I've read, there will be a 5000+ at 2.6, and the fx is the 2.8. I could be dead wrong tho.

Aaron_ATX said:
I thought that was old muscle cars at the car show. LOL

serbiaNem said:
From what I've read, there will be a 5000+ at 2.6, and the fx is the 2.8. I could be dead wrong tho.

That's what I was thinking, I don't think it would make sense to release a DC FX thats not equal to the speed of the current FX-57 and also be the same speed as the plain 5000+ X2. Hopefully AMD has more sense than Intel by not releasing a chip at the exact same speed but charging 3x more for it (referring to the 3.2EE dual core).

But I guess we'll have to see... Anyone know when we'll get to know for sure?

(yay first post)

Thats pretty sweet...though wasn't AMD gonna release a 5000+ or 5200+ of the near-same clock speeds, or is this FX with more L2 cache?

Back