FX55 for $149.99

that is a great deal!!
Too bad my pc is so freaking old i just can't pop this thing in. If I had a 939 board I would be all over this. :D

i was on the phone but then a man said the site is back up. just ordered two. thanks! :D

frankyk said:
it's the clawhammer, still sells for $240+ on ebay.

Acually that is fairly FALSE! I just checked, and most are priced at 200, and not even being bid on. The ones that are being bid are going for 139~150.

So if this runs out, you can still go on ebay.

frankyk said:
it's the clawhammer, still sells for $240+ on ebay.
How can you tell if its clawhammer or not? Is it in the model #?
I'm not seeing this cpu priced under 200 anywhere.

saku said:
How can you tell if its clawhammer or not? Is it in the model #?
I'm not seeing this cpu priced under 200 anywhere.

130nm = clawhammer
90nm = sandiego

That price in incredible. Nows not the time for an upgrade for me though.

even though its a clawhammer is there a chance i can get past 3ghz on these?

if you get lucky and the claw hammers might come unlocked. my clawhammer reads in bios 25x's for multiplyer. dam thats good price on these, as for comparing with other cpu's i had the 3500 venice @2.8, opy [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]. and [email protected]. as for my fx55 it is really smooth runs great at stock speeds and would say it beats the above mentioned. i can tell the difference, and now paired up with my 2gig of faste ram it is awsome. my opinion

does require more juice and runs little hotter. i read only the clawhammers where unlocked?

whats thheir phone number?!?! i cant load the site. this is over $400 off original price!

IIT FINNALY LOADS AND ITS OEM! fuck that. well if its sandiego i would buy it, so i call them to ask and there sales department is unavailable.. good job! lol

Does anyone know if OEM chips come iwth HSF? Or do I have to buy that separately?

Jordan1 said:
Do the 130nm run hotter/use more juice?

i dunno, all i know is that people on ebay call the clawhamemrs shitty, and newegg doesnt even sell them anymore.

This FX55 is single core right? How do you think it would compare to my present X2 3800 Manchester?

brian633 said:
Is Zalman CNPS9500LED compatible with this FX-55?

yes. thats compatible with many sockets. fx55 is 939 and your heatsink fan supports that.

Good upgrade from a semp 2600+ eh?

Gosh dangit, moms out shopping, will have to wait for her to get back... dangit!

i hear that these do not overclock (2700-2800) well and that I would be better off with a Opertron146 @ 2900. The CPU database on Overclockers doesn't look so hot either. Anybody with any OC experience with this chip?

Fuk after 15 minutes trying to get page loaded, I got it added to cart, sign in, hit to check out and basket was empty, went back to product and get this
Invalid Product

Deal is dead... dam.. so close... I was already figuring out the e bay page :D

Cheers to those who got it! Thanks OP.. this was Beyond HOT...

I jumped and ordered two. BY PHONE. Lady was really nice on the phone. Pretty much, I ordered them just to sell on fleebay.

i bet about 200 of these pop up on ebay in the next few weeks and sell for 200.. so 160 + ebay fees means you make 20-30 bucks. maybe...

not really worth it

clesven said:
IIT FINNALY LOADS AND ITS OEM! fuck that. well if its sandiego i would buy it, so i call them to ask and there sales department is unavailable.. good job! lol

What's the problem with OEM? It's cheaper and you don't end up wasting the stock HSF when you tack on your third party cooling solution (and if you're getting an FX/EE/XE proc, sheer principle dictates that you must overclock, so you're probably switching out the cooling anyway). Do you really need the pretty box so badly?

It's NOT an upgrade from an X2. I actually upgraded FROM an FX-55 and overclocked my X2 3800+ to 2.8Ghz. Now THAT is an upgrade :p

Once you go dual core, you never go back.

What reasons are there to stay single core? Just price?
Does one stay cooler/use less power?
Thanks guys.

The short scoop is that single cores generally OC a bit higher than their dual core bretheren. And because most games only use one core, the single core will provide better performance as long as you are not trying to multitask at the same time....

beware that dual cores are the future and game developers will be writing code to take advantage of that extra core (some games do now)

Back