FxVideoCards AGAIN: 8800GTS 512MB $156 AR, 8600GT $54 AR

Would one of those 8600's outperform the SLI'd 7800GT's in my sig? I don't want to dump anymore than necessary at this machine as a full new build is coming this fall.

Don't bother with the 8600. The 7800's will last you till the fall. The 8600s normally sit below a 7900. Your SLI would rip one apart.

Don't bother with the 8600. The 7800's will last you till the fall. The 8600s normally sit below a 7900. Your SLI would rip one apart.

They trade blows on some games, but they are about equal just to clarify.

Definitely not better than SLi 7800's

I paid $230 for my GT on launch, overnighted from Canada :)

I really need to wait till prices drop...

I bit on this price. Been waiting for a good price on the 8800gts g92, was going to wait for the new line of cards to come out, but I dont think I'll see a much better price than this for a little. But with the way cards have been dropping lately, I'll probably be eating my words next week.

HD4850 40% faster than 8800GT, MSRP $199.

Theres gonna be plenty of good deals on 8800s around at the launch of the HD4k and GTX200 series, so I would wait until [H] isn't under NDA so they can spills the beens on those cards.

But no matter what, looks like the 8800's might be the best selling card group of all time.

Wow, that's tempting. But I'm not using an NVIDIA chipset anymore, so it's ATI time for me.

anyone know how long they run the specials? I wont have the money till the end of next week :-(

pre order these then... hehe... not really hot, but still... you just might be the first kid on the block to get one... :D
VisionTek Radeon HD 4850
That's the plan. :D

Actually, I'm waiting to see the 4870. That GDDR5 looks like delicious CrossFire overclocking goodness. Not sure if I will do triple CF 4850, or CF 4870.

what the hell would you need triple cf for? your cpu is gonna hold you back in most games that could utilize fully even 2 cards. ps sell me your gts on the cheap.

Click on the rebate link on its page you will notice that the rebate form is for the 320mb and 640mb models and not the 512mb G92 version. Its either a glitch due to a bad link or you guys just missinformed alot of people. LOL

Click on the rebate link on its page you will notice that the rebate form is for the 320mb and 640mb models and not the 512mb G92 version. Its either a glitch due to a bad link or you guys just missinformed alot of people. LOL
:eek: LOL That kinda sucks I was hoping they were still running this sale the end of next week when I will have the money. Sh%t anyone wanna buy it and I'll pay you back LOL :D

The rebate applies. From the rebate form "060108N-88GTS-650 $40.00 ZT-88SES2P-FSP". That is the part number for the card in the first link of the OP.

Woot my Canon Powershot A75 sold on ebay so I'm $50 on my way to this LOL Now just waiting for my x2 5200 to sell and the egg to refund my money lol.

Back