G.Skill 2GB F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ (MicronD9) $115 at NewEgg!

Hmm...good RAM...great price. I might just have to buy this and sit on them until August when I purchase the rest of my upgrades given that RAM companies are slowing production to raise prices...

Can that motherboard support 4GB of RAM of any type? If so then it should work. Some boards have trouble running with all 4 DIMMs filled though, so look into that.

There's a $15 promo code? I'm signed up for the Newegg newsletter and I don't see anything like that.

I got 4GB of this stuff and it rules.

Be aware, I bought my original set in January and they've since changed the heatspreaders and PCB. I got my new set about a week and a half ago.

They do work fine though.

In for a set. One stick goes to my friend in Germany who is paying $80 for it, for him that's a great deal though.

Man, tax in Europe sucks. Works for me though! :D (To be fair Germany still stiffed me for about $300 in Tax, because a customs official told me I could get VAT back on a Laptop my parents sent me when I was studying there, but they didn't tell me there was a 6 month limit. So I paid double tax on that Laptop).

Heat spread was open to check (warranty now voided LoL), the new batches are NOT D9 CHIPS. Overall, they are still excellent rams

just be careful. This was posted 3/27/07

who posted that? I would like to get a pic from that guy, cuz I want to buy another set, my first one is green pcb, but I don't have the guts to confirm it's D9 :rolleyes:...

who posted that? I would like to get a pic from that guy, cuz I want to buy another set, my first one is green pcb, but I don't have the guts to confirm it's D9 :rolleyes:...

His screen name is Mikey and it was actually posted on 3/28/07 at 5:08am
He didn't mention about PCB color

Yeah in the past month or so there have been some posts around a few different forums from people with these chips claiming they couldnt achieve past 900mhz. I would only assume some of them arnt d9gmh's anymore. Not sure if thats true but......ive seen some odd results lately.

Well my friend's set does 933 at 4-4-4-12, fwiw. i tried 1066 but at 5-5-5-15 it wasn't stable. i only put 2.1v to it though. didn't want to break them.
i'm guessing 2.2v would have made 1066 stable or possibly loosening the timings a little more.

i grabbed a second set and will see how they do.

Back