G.Skill Extreme 2GB HZ PC4000 Users

YARDofSTUF

[H]ard|Gawd
What are you guys using for voltage/Timings?

I'm at 2.6 on my DFI, the monitor says its at 2.7 though, not sure which is mroe accurate.

I was gonna type out my timings but damn its just too much, heres a screenie LOL

At 2.55ghz now (255x10)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/YARDofSTUF/mem.jpg

I've gotten up to 2.71 ghz stable with my old ballistix using 9.5 multi, I couldnt boot using the 10 multi with the ballistix, now with the Gskill I can.

if you want exact vdimm, you gotta measure it with a quality multimeter ;)

for the settings, those look pretty typical of samsung timings. try messing with the ones underneath trfc, see if there's a better combination :D
also, what drive strengths are you using?

(cf)Eclipse said:
if you want exact vdimm, you gotta measure it with a quality multimeter ;)

for the settings, those look pretty typical of samsung timings. try messing with the ones underneath trfc, see if there's a better combination :D
also, what drive strengths are you using?

Mess with TRFC or the ones under it?

Drive strength is AUTO :)

Ya I dont wanna measure the actual vdimm, just wondering if anyone knew which is more accurate. At the 2.5 setting the PC wont boot, so I assume the setting is more accurate than the reading.

i'd go with what the bios says.

and the ones under trfc ;)
and play with drives. most likely level 8 or level 7 will be best.

changed it to 3 4 3 8 at 264mhz

Running it through SuperPI and Folding right now

I'll try the drive strength stuff, never really new what was good there. Under TRFC have the stuff is at the lowest offically supported numbers, may have better luck in the bios, try that later.

"Refresh Rate Tref" 200mhz 15.6us for that I have 7.8us and 3.9us available, what teh heck is it? lol

Not a big fan of software OCing, but this is pretty convenient.

Well the stuff under TRFC doesnt like being touched lol

270, 3 4 3 8

I may get brave and try 3 3 3 8.

Same results so far at drive strength 7 and 8.

SuperPI doesnt seem to like 270x10 even at 3 4 4 8, but it runs fine at 269x10

Not bad at all.

(cf)Eclipse said:
hmm, so basically you don't gain anything from raising trp from 3 to 4?

Doesnt look like it, I'll play around with drive strength more, I'm right around the limit of my cpu, can't expect too much more.

oh, drop your cpu multi then. we're trying to max out the ram here, not the cpu :p

This is the first time i've gotten 10x to work, i'm scred to change it :p

Actually forgot about voltage, guy at another forum i goto was askign about it adn i'm liek oh ya!

So now at 2.7volts and trying again.

Back