G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR 500 $167 shipped NO Rebates!

smut

[H]ard|Gawd
Found these last night as I was about to order some 2x1GB DDR500 sticks and saw this sale!
Good deal for DDR500 2GB kit!
Searched and didnt see this posted so here it is! Hop on it, I already ordered last night
$4.81 Three Day Shipping

I guess they have these sticks in stock at the New Jersey warehouse (2 states away) because they estimated a one day delivery time for me instead of 3 days! Cant beat that for $4.81!

Why must you tempt me! I can't spend money now and I really want to upgrade to 2GB of RAM :(

buy my g.skill sticks in my FS thread then! Can go too DDR500 EASY and up to DDR600. add these 2 sticks to your 2 sticks then you have 2 gigs :D

smut said:
buy my g.skill sticks in my FS thread then! Can go too DDR500 EASY and up to DDR600. add these 2 sticks to your 2 sticks then you have 2 gigs :D
PM me the link?

Excellent, I was waiting for these sticks to drop down $30 again. Thanks!

$167 shipped for non CA or NJ people. :p Tax kills it for me. : /

Good deal, this same exact price/deal was around last month an I bought a set.

Good ram, get it!

my sticks are on the way and will be here monday. 1 day shipping for $5 bucks, cant beat it. But anyway, was wondering if you have overclocked the sticks and what was your speeds?

I also just grabbed a set on the 30th for 192bucks.

Good price.

Ordered on the 30th...arrived on the 5th.

I just ordered these for $157 on Monday since i got a $35 discount for ordering them with a Western Digital 2500KS 16MB.

So far my sticks have topped out at 230FSB at the timings listed. 3, 4, 4, 8.

Will work on them more today...but not too happy with these so far.

Reagent said:
So far my sticks have topped out at 230FSB at the timings listed. 3, 4, 4, 8.

Will work on them more today...but not too happy with these so far.

You probably just need to adjust some other memory settings, especially if you have a DFI board. If they can't do 250MHz then RMA them because they are guaranteed to run that speed.

burningrave101 said:
You probably just need to adjust some other memory settings, especially if you have a DFI board. If they can't do 250MHz then RMA them because they are guaranteed to run that speed.
unless of course his cpu's memory controller cant handle it, rare for it to top out so low, but possible (mine tops at 240mhz)

burningrave101 said:
I used the exact timings he used here www.gskill.com/images/hzt2-b.jpg which is suposed to be what these sticks were tested to run at.

I tested the board and CPU with memory ratio throttled back this morning the board/cpu will run 270 prime 95 stable with a 183 memory divider.

I have throttled the timings way back and still cant get the ram to post higher than 230, increasing the voltage from 2.6-2.8 does nothing cant get a single clock more out of them.

I am going to have to RMA them they were part of a combo with the HD so I can't send them back for a refund without sending the HD too.

My choices are send them back to the Egg for a exact exchange, or call G.Skill and whine about it to them send them back maybe they send me the RAM faster than the Egg...but somehow I doubt it.

Using right voltage? Have you ever had any ram post higher then 230 in your board? Curious

My set gets here tomorrow, I hope they run at advertised speeds. Also going to OC them as high as they go. I gotta friend that is interested in the kit and wants me to find out whats the highest speed I can get them up to. Most ppl can get them up to 270, so will see what my luck is.

Good luck with your sticks.

I haven't got a second set of memory to try in the board. Everything is new and just ordered from the egg.

Thanks, will post results in this thread sometime tomorrow.

Okay, was curious if maybe your board is the one holding ya back. Sometimes boards are the problem, not saying thats the case but just something else to check out. Put them in different slots if you havent already tried that!

Damn! I payed over 200 for these a couple months ago and thought that was a good bang/buck ratio.

Well, incase anyone was worried about my previous post.....

After 3 emails with G.Skill tech support he was able to tell me what settings to use.

The memory is up and running @ 250 HT and running stability tests now.

If this works out I will push the RAM further and see what it has in it.

System specs.
ASUS A8r32-MVP Deluxe
Opteron 165 - CCBWE 0607 UPBW
G.Skill 2gb PC4000 DDR 500 3,4,4,8
Sappire X1800XT
WD 250g SATA2

The two settings in RED are what I had to change to go from 230 to 250HT (from the above settings)...not sure why the memory didn't like those settings...anyone know? Are those two settings adversely affecting the memory speed, should they run lower? Or are the current settings acceptable and within the advertised memory speed?

_DDR Voltage____________________2.60v

_Memory Configuration
_Memory Timing Mode_____________Limit
___Memclock Value_______________200
_MCT Timing Mode________________Manual
___CAS (CL)_____________________3
___TRAS________________________8
___TRP_________________________4
___TRCD________________________4
___TRRD________________________2T
___TRC_________________________7T
___TRFC________________________16T
___TRWT________________________3 (raised from 2)
_MCT Extra Timing Mode___________Manual
___TREF________________________7.8us
___DDR Input Strobe Skew_________Disabled
___Burst2Opt____________________Disabled
_User Configuration Mode__________Manual
___Read Preamble________________5.0ns
___Asyc Latency_________________8.0ns (Raised from 7.0ns)
___CMD-ADDR Timing_____________1T

_Bank Interleaving_________________Auto
_Burst Length____________________4Beats
_Software Memory Hole____________Disabled

_ECC Configuration
___DRAM ECC Enable_____________Disabled
___L2 Cache BG Scrub_____________Disabled
___Data Cache BG Scrub___________Disabled

Just thought I would post the DATA here as I kinda got worried ealier in the thread and don't want people to think the RAM sucks when it very well could have been a setting I should have put in in the first place.

okay I got this RAM in yesterday and im gonna input the settings you used. Its acting a lil wierd for me, hope I didnt get a bad batch. I also have the same settings from my old kit that was tweaked to the max so I may need to start over with my bios settings.

Back