G19 Released

My G19 was delivered early this week. It replaced an Apple aluminum keyboard for about an hour before being switched back. Besides being considerably larger, tactile feed back is poor. Keys feel squishy and bumps on the 'J' & 'F' keys (guides for hand/finger placement) should be raised more. Another disappointing aspect is the stiff USB+Power cable. The display is beautiful though and I can imagine plenty of interesting utility apps taking advantage of it.

Before shelling out I recommend hitting Logitech's forums. There appears to be incompatibility problems. Most suffering from them appear to be using Asus motherboards. My setup is a KVM+Gigabyte+Mac Pro, and I didn't have any problems for the hour I used it.

Unless this thing can go out and a job to help pay for itself there is no way I am spending $200 on a KEYBOARD. Ridiculous.

Remember these things will drop in price quickly. I'm sure they'll be $189.99 in no time. :p

people act like this is the most expensive keyboard ever made. We get it, its not for you.

I've had my $5 keyboard for 9 years now. Explain to me why this $200 one is better.

A $50k Corvette is just as fast as a $200k Ferrari. Does that make Ferrari's stupid? I may not be able to afford one but I can still appreciate the Ferrari.

wow sweet, but I'm happy w/ my G15 v1. that still keeps on ticking....$50.00 out the door years ago

Still a number pad attached on the right side?

Come on...

If I kill myself now, maybe my reincarnation will be of computing age by the time they stop forcing me into arthritic ergo conditions.

People act like they're omniscient. We get it, you just aren't.

Well I had to look it up so I guess I'm not.

But it doesn't change the fact that many people here are blind sided by just the cost.
If this keyboard could cure cancer, they would never know because they can't get past the cost. Sure price is a factor, but care to judge it on any other factors?

Kmeson made some good points (as he/she has actually used one), the keys are about as sloppy as the G15's and the screen which is getting the most hate is probably the best part.

people act like this is the most expensive keyboard ever made. We get it, its not for you.

A $50k Corvette is just as fast as a $200k Ferrari. Does that make Ferrari's stupid? I may not be able to afford one but I can still appreciate the Ferrari.

Did you just compare his nine year old $5 keyboard full of sloughed off skin, boogers, food and God knows what else to a Corvette?

Hey, I admit it: the second I saw that price tag the equivalent of the Metal Gear Solid ! went off in my head. It's basically a steroid-enhanced G15 that requires its own power adapter, and I suppose that's fine on its own relative merits, but damn...I don't need to watch Billy Mays Gangsta Remix that often, y'all...

The screen on the G15 wound up being a lot more useful than I thought it would ever be when I first bought it. Ventrilo app FTW.

Yeah, the screen on my G13 surprised me a lot also... there are many uses for it... watching coretemp while stability testing with the main LCD off was one I liked a lot... plus most new games have profiles built into them which just "work" when you launch the game.. pretty cool stuff.

The price is pretty damn high, and we are in a recession.

But I did my part to get America back on track by ordering one last night, yay me! Sigh, I hate being a geek that likes to spend money. Can't wait to try it out though, I look forward to a kb slightly smaller than my G15 v1.

i have a g11 and its a little too big for my new desk. i almost picked up a g15 v2 during circuit city's liquidation but decided to wait to see if the price would drop more but never went back .i like this but at $200 its just a little too much to spend on a keyboard.

I would really like to grab one but I am strapped at the moment. I am also using windows 7 and they don't even have drivers for the g15.1 yet.

Um, so with a g15 rev 1 on sale at $47.99, what great things can this little lcd do that makes it better?

In all honesty, wouldn't it be easier to get a $50 17" lcd off ebay (and run a multi monitor setup) instead of this?

I've had a g15 since around when it came out. I've loved it, but in all honesty, this is a g15 with the ability to watch videos, something any multi monitor can do.

The g15 is great in viewing stuff while in game, but this...

Last edited:
A second monitor and this little LCD really aren't the same thing. You can't drag windows onto this little screen and unless you play games windowed you can't control content on a second monitor.

A second monitor and this little LCD really aren't the same thing. You can't drag windows onto this little screen and unless you play games windowed you can't control content on a second monitor.

Maybe not, but must other stuff you can do. And it's limited yeah, but how often do people watch videos while playing games?

I'm sorry, after being used to multi monitors and g15 rev 1, I don't see any usefulness in this... Well, maybe if the price didn't seem like a huge fucking ripoff...

That's further complicated by the fact I could get a g15 rev 1+some cheap ass lcd off ebay for far less (Close to $100 less), and have a bigger secondary screen for viewing movies.

How can you justify shelling $200 for this thing? The over the top wheels i can understand, the over the top hotas i can understand, but a keyboard?!

Do you even use Macros?

you got to be one dumb bastard or one rich bastard to spend that amount of cash on a fucking KEEEEYYYBOARD

If I spent anything over $150 on a keyboard I'd buy this:

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/

$200 for a $50 keyboard and a small ass lcd for watching 'movies' that you couldn't see=fail.

Yeah, I would get this over the g19. I have a g15v2 and judging from the pictures, there's not that much difference beside the little lcd. I was impressed with it until I saw the $200 price and facepalmed. Totally not worth it.

PS- I know that Maximus keyboard is ~$2000, but it's seems so freaking [h]ard.

I'm still trying to find my next keyboard. One that I can afford, anyway. I don't need gaming macro buttons, but if I can set them to do everyday computing functions, that's fine.

• Backlit
  • Types well (doesn't need to be clicky, don't think I want laptop keys)
  • No keyblocking
  • WASD-friendly
  • Media buttons (don't need volume, but I want Next, Prev, Play, Pause, etc.)
  • Buttons or the ability to macro web browser and other programs
  • Plays nice with Set Point

Currently using the wired version of this, although I have my MX700 Duo in the closet. I'm spoiled by the nice media buttons and macro buttons that I use for Firefox, Thunderbird, Calculator, Digsby, etc. If only Logitech would revamp this design for Set Point.

1919.jpg

I'm using a G19 at work (they won't let me take it home :( )
I haven't had a chance to test the color LCD functionality in any games. LCD response is nice. The changing colors are nice. USB 2.0 (finally) is nice. I think its a great keyboard, but it won't be lightening my own wallet until its $150 or less.

Back