g33zy's wiring secrets: Antec P160 Super Lanboy, Nine hundred/Lian Li PC-7

Some days I wish I had that lian li, of course I also wish I had a 1000/1200 among other li li's. I only have the PC-65b which is a nice case but not all that wire management friendly with the removable mobo. I'd have to cut a hole in it right by the PSU. Also, it was my first build so I didn't have much to go off, but I wish I would've gotten the pc-7 because it has the 120mm fans and if you get it from performance pc you can get it with 4!! Oh well, things to remember for the next build. Nice case man!!!

reswob said:
I like that P160. Might have to get one.
you should. they are awesome cases.

i know i haven't shown you guys the Nine Hundred as yet but im working on getting the pics together. Plus I want to make sure its up to standard before i put it up. Its reeeeally nice though...

g33zy said:
you should. they are awesome cases.

i know i haven't shown you guys the Nine Hundred as yet but im working on getting the pics together. Plus I want to make sure its up to standard before i put it up. Its reeeeally nice though...

Thanks for making us all impatient :/

I'm not sure what special sause you're cooking up but I'd kill to know how to make my 900 look better than this POS I have:

IMG_1149.jpg

I picked one of these up over the weekend. Wire mgmt is NOT it's strong suit. Luckily wire mgmt is not MY strong suit either, so it's not a big deal to me.

It definately moves the warm air out though, keeping things with a degree or two of ambient temps, and for having 4 120mm fans and a 200mm fan it's quieter than my stacker 830!

Overall I like the case. Easy to work on, relatively quiet and keeps things cool.

Trust me I got it nicely taken care of. I'm gonna try and get the pics up by wednesday.

I know guys, I know.

Got caught up with some shit, but i'm going to get it done. Just give me some time.

:D

Yeah, I want to see what you do with the 900.

I just picked one up and its sweet. The 200mm fan is much larger than I thought it would be.

Tip:
Move the HDD bays up one spot and use the dead spot at the bottom to hide power supply cables. I have the front of my case set up like this:
DVD-RW
HDD Bay, empty with one fan (straight to CPU cooler)
Empty slot
HDD Bay, with 2 HDDs
Empty slot, used for PSU cables.

I'd post picks, but I don't have a readily available camera.

z3r0- said:
I'm not sure what special sause you're cooking up but I'd kill to know how to make my 900 look better than this POS I have:

IMG_1149.jpg

its simple .
mod it a small bit .
cheers .

Picture036.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Nice job there littlejohn1959.

I saw it in the rate my cables thread and was like damn, thats pretty nice. The painted logos are creative, but they came out a little wierd. You can probably get stickers to cover them if you don't like them anymore. Other than that, it looks great. What did you use to cover the PSU area?

Sorry to disappoint you guys but it looks like i'll be getting the p150 done before you guys see the ninehundred I did.

I have the ASUS Radeon mobo, x1900xtx crossfire setup and 2GB of G-Skill. I'll be moving all that into the PC-7 and the p150 will get the SLi-Premium, 1GB OCZ Plati, x2 3800 and the 7800GT.

I am trying to secure a $140 FX55 for the CF setup, so if anyone has one or knows of one let me know.

nice mod there like it how it keeps all the cables nice a hiden and the paint job is good
g33zy cant wait for the p150 and 900 love to see how it works out

g33zy said:
Nice job there littlejohn1959.

I saw it in the rate my cables thread and was like damn, thats pretty nice. The painted logos are creative, but they came out a little wierd. You can probably get stickers to cover them if you don't like them anymore. Other than that, it looks great. What did you use to cover the PSU area?

Sorry to disappoint you guys but it looks like i'll be getting the p150 done before you guys see the ninehundred I did.

I have the ASUS Radeon mobo, x1900xtx crossfire setup and 2GB of G-Skill. I'll be moving all that into the PC-7 and the p150 will get the SLi-Premium, 1GB OCZ Plati, x2 3800 and the 7800GT.

I am trying to secure a $140 FX55 for the CF setup, so if anyone has one or knows of one let me know.

the cover is made from basswood . then the logos were CHIPPED CARVED . then my wife painted em .
its a job to apprecitate it , on the picture .
they look totally different upclose and personal .
thanks for the reply .
cheers .

ahhhh, carved from wood. That's awesome. Puts things in a whole new light, thats why I asked. See if you can get some better pics of the woodwork cause from the pic it looks like it was drawn on cardboard.

ganstafm - the p150 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! I can't wait either. In addition to making the move, i'll be making a few more adjestments to the PC-7 as there were some other things I been meaning to fix but with the new build on the way I just decided to wait and do everything at once.

g33zy said:
ahhhh, carved from wood. That's awesome. Puts things in a whole new light, thats why I asked. See if you can get some better pics of the woodwork cause from the pic it looks like it was drawn on cardboard.

ganstafm - the p150 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! I can't wait either. In addition to making the move, i'll be making a few more adjestments to the PC-7 as there were some other things I been meaning to fix but with the new build on the way I just decided to wait and do everything at once.

im not much of a photoprather..ha ha .
the carving cast different shadows ,at different light .
shadow effect , you could say .
its hard to explain .
cheers .

Picture014.jpg

g33zy! Thanks for the post man. I got a P160 for a buddy of mine, and stumbled across this post. I was surprised to see this from you though, I figured you were to busy fighting off the women to mess with computers anymore. :p

Oldie said:
g33zy! Thanks for the post man. I got a P160 for a buddy of mine, and stumbled across this post. I was surprised to see this from you though, I figured you were to busy fighting off the women to mess with computers anymore. :p
lol, i know man. It's wierd to think that us genmay people actually are pretty good at computer stuff. Its almost like we are different people outside of gm! Only I have the title following me that usually tips people off. I'm surprised nobody outside has ever asked about it.

g33zy said:
lol, i know man. It's wierd to think that us genmay people actually are pretty good at computer stuff. Its almost like we are different people outside of gm! Only I have the title following me that usually tips people off. I'm surprised nobody outside has ever asked about it.
thats because outside of gm we can't have fun :)

Bookmarked. Cant wait to see how to clean up all of my wires in my Nine Hundred.

Rounded cables in this case suck. :/

So, after a long hiatus.....here's the p150

I love that wiring job on it. To tell you the truth, this was the BEST case I have ever wired. Antec totally had neat wiring in mind when they built this case.

The case is my spare "vista" box. I have my gaming machine separate and this is what i use for im and to test all the vista stuff. The specs are:

AMD Athlon x2 3800+
XFX nVidia 7600GT - passively cooled
2GB OCZ Platinum Edition Rev.2
Antec NEO HE PSU that came with the case.

Here she is:

CIMG0183.jpg

---------------

No flash, lookin good.

CIMG0186.jpg

---------------------------

The profile shot lookin awesome...

CIMG0187.jpg

--------------------------

Same angle flash on....

CIMG0188.jpg

--------------------------

Flash on from the other end

CIMG0189.jpg

Here's the deatil on how the HDDs are mounted. Drives reversed and suspended with elastic.

The suspension is included in the P150 and its awesome.

You never realise how loud a HDD is until you suspend it and it's completely silent,

CIMG0190.jpg

Here's the "dirty side". One of the amazing things about this case is that even the "dirty side" is still presentable.

The hooks on the back of the drive cages are setup to hold the wires in place.

CIMG0193.jpg

----------------------------

Here's detail on the hooks that hold the extra wires.

CIMG0196.jpg

This is how the PSU cables are run. First time I have ever used a modular PSU and its pretty cool.

Gets rid of a lot of unnecessary wires. I was always skeptical about them but this has been great.

CIMG0200.jpg

Here's the front with the door removed. The filter door is closed but you can see where the fans would be mounted.
Anyone wanna donate 2 SUPER QUIET 92mm fans? =)

CIMG0202.jpg

Here's the filter door open. You can see how the HDD's are mounted from the opposite end. The suspension system is awesome.

CIMG0208.jpg

Here's the detail on the HDD mounts

CIMG0210.jpg

-----------------------------

Backed up and another overall shot. No flash.

CIMG0212.jpg

-----------------------------

Same shot, flash on.

CIMG0216.jpg

------------------------------

Lights turned low to show light detail. Not much light in the case since there's no window.

The case side panels come sound dampened so there's no window.

Also, the setup is designed more for silence with the passive 7600GT and the zalman. Right now the zalman is the loudest thing in the case!

CIMG0218.jpg

From the front with the power on. I love the blue power LED but its super bright.

CIMG0221.jpg

Profile shot with the power on. Lookin good.

CIMG0223.jpg

No flash and profile goodness.

CIMG0227.jpg

There you go guys. The 900......tba ;)

And I updated my gaming machine too. Switched from SLi to crossfire goodness. Also took the x2 3800 out for the other machine and got a FX55 for the gaming PC.

Here are some of the shots. I'm still working on the wiring but here's a preview:

CIMG0244.jpg

CIMG0249.jpg

CIMG0254.jpg

CIMG0259.jpg

what fan controller is that?

looks lush in the dark
imo silver is always better than black

what fan controller is that?

looks lush in the dark
imo silver is always better than black

The fan controller is the Vantec Nexus NXP201. I actually got it free here. Traded it for an Asus driver cd :D

I don't really need it as it only controls one fan but its a nice touch. ;)

looks awesome mate. nice job. what happened to the antec 900??!

x2

I'm really anxious to see what you do with the 900.

I know guys. The 900 is actually done, and has been done for a while. My friend who it belongs to asked me to do the wiring and everything for him and when I was done we were supposed to be taking pics. Unfortunately the pics didn't get taken. The rig is running nicely, I just have to convince him to bring that bohemoth of a case up to my house for some pics. Maybe you guys can convince him for me! :p

In the meanwhile, enjoy the p150. I'll be perfectly honest with you guys too, the p150 is BY FAR the best case I have ever wired. It is built for awesome wiring and if any of you are even considering it....BUY IT. Everybody here is always all over Lian Li cases and as you can see, I jumped into it as well but I have never worked with a case as nice to put together as this one. Not to sound like an antec rep but it really was that sweet. Definitely an A+ case in my book.

And to those who don't appreciate the clean, refined white Antec paintjob ...

...the Antec Solo is exactly the same case in a black/gray color scheme, only without a power supply. Same hard drive silencing mountings and cable-hiding goodness. :p
http://techgage.com/article/antec_solo/

I was thinking about the solo at first but I had to go for the 150. The soothing white on silver was so sexy and at $70 with the PSU included, it was rough to beat.

If this was going to be a gaming machine, maybe I woulda gone with the SOLO since the 430W psu doesn't juice high power GPUs well but for a web surfing idle rig it fit the bill.

Back