G80 in Shuttle???

Specs are in sig, with a G80 (which requires a 400w psu), would this work in my sn27p2?

It has a 400w psu, but usually they are a bit different power wise....

f

If the 10.5 in long PCB will even fit in that box I'd be amazed. I do have a feeling that your power supply will cut it despite current power rumors. It was said that the 6800Ultra required a 480Watt minimum in the past and that didn't hold true. I think the 7900s had a rumor that was similar so you should be fine (as far as power)if history repeats itself. It's the size of the board that will probably be the problem.

I think it should be fine, Im running 2 7600Gt's in SLI on my 350 watt shuttle SN26P ;)

If you can fit and run a 7800GTX, I would bet you could fit and install a 8800GTX.

I don't know why people think NVIDIA is going to spend billions making a card that will only work in 10 computers world wide. It will fit in a standard case and it will work with a standard power supply. Heck I have seen a GX2 in a Shuttle, so there should be no worries.

PRIME1 said:
If you can fit and run a 7800GTX, I would bet you could fit and install a 8800GTX.

I don't know why people think NVIDIA is going to spend billions making a card that will only work in 10 computers world wide. It will fit in a standard case and it will work with a standard power supply. Heck I have seen a GX2 in a Shuttle, so there should be no worries.
i dont know why people think everyone buys high end cards. if you look at the steam survys the card almost everyone has is a 9800. nvidia knows they could amke the card 2 feet long and external and it would still sell like hotcakes. nither nvida nor ati make much of their money in the high end sector, its all in the low end, think 6600gt and x300. the point of the high end cards is bragging rights. the fact that most people on here dont have a problem droping 4K on a computer does porly to represent the feelings of most computer users.

point is, the card could work in only 1 computer in the world but as long as its the fastest nvidai has the crown

The metaphorical "crown" makes no difference if there are no cards (the 7800 GTX 512) or if the card simply doesn't fit (the old Voodoo 5500). To assume that manufacturers aren't making reasonably good coin on the high end cards is silly - BOMs are not that high, and the mark-up is high.

Now, I don't understand the whole allure of the tiny cases, but yes, if the card fits, it will probably work with the specified PSU.

PRIME1 said:

The board dimensions I heard about say the pcb will be 10.5 inches long. I believe that is even longer than a 7950GX2. Maybe as long or slightly longer than a 7900GX2 card. I wouldn't be so sure it's gonna fit into a shuttle box.

I really doubt that it will be that long, and bear in mind that the pics that we have beens eeing are pre production....... If it was 10.5" long, then there would be no room in most cases.

Quad sli with 7900gx2 is one thing when there were huge cards, but that is tiny market and System builders only.... I really hope that it will fit, because I want to play DX10 games!!!

Maybe they will bring out a refresh in feb or march when vista comes out :rolleyes:

thanks guys

f

Back