GA-K8N51PVMT-9 - help, no post & no beeps

ToastMaster said:
Update:

a week and a half after having installing it (and having everything go relatively alright), the board died. Wednesday, came home from the city, and found it had blue-screen with the expected error. I restarted it, and it was working fine - until around 3/4 am, when it blue-screen again, and this time for good.

So right now, I'm looking at either the ASUS or the MSI board (and once I tear my system apart, I'm gonna RMA the Gigabyte board back to newegg for money back (minus the restocking fee)).

Toast I am doing the same thing, ordered my MSI yesterday and it will be here on Monday. But my gigashyte was dead and I called the egg and the are letting me RMA for refund since I bought another board from them.

cc2096 said:
Toast I am doing the same thing, ordered my MSI yesterday and it will be here on Monday. But my gigashyte was dead and I called the egg and the are letting me RMA for refund since I bought another board from them.

I am hoping ZZF will allow me to do the same thing. Since I am a few days over the 30 day refund mark.. and I don't want to be stuck with this crappy board.

I recently ordered this board to build a home server with the following parts:

Athlon64 3000 venice
Seasonic S12-430 PSU
1 Gig Corsair Paired Memory
Antec P180 case

When I went to power the darn thing up it just wouldn't come up. I tried everything, different PSU, different memory etc etc, but it just wouldn't come up. I RMAed the motherboard and a new one arrived. By this time I has sent the Seasonic PSU back and rebuilt the system using an old 300 watt ATX PSU. The system then came up and stayed up for a few days

But after I fitted an new PSU (an Antec Phantom 500), it refused to come up.... The hard drives powered up etc but nothing else... So thinking it was an issue with the PSU I replaced it with the old PSU, this time it wouldnt even power up.

I'm now in the process of sending the motherboard back (AGAIN! ) and dreading the replacement they are gonna send.

I know that both PSUs are fine because I used them to power an old motherboard...

Avoid this motherboard, like the plague if you can.

^ same here dude.... BSOD's every few hours.... Anyone try the newest bios? I see on the GB wesbsite there's a flash from this year and my bios is still from 05.

I had the same issue. I did not RMA to the seller I RMAed to Gigabyte via online RMA form. They sent me and email stating the following:

Dear Customer,

We regret to hear GIGABYTE product is not functioning right with you at this moment. Due to some factory errors, there are some products of the model number you currently own defective in the market. Although they account for a small portion, we at GIGABYTE wish our customers to have a better experience with us. An exceptional advanced replacement will be granted. You may send the defective item back to us after you receive the replacement and get your system back on running. You have 30 days to return it after you receive it. The attached form is to secure the transaction due to there was no such between you and GIGABYTE before. Please kindly fill it out and either email us back or FAX it back at 626-854-9326 and we will arrange the shipment for you.

I got the new board before sending back the old one. The new board works fine. Upon speaking with a tech he informed me that the board does require the 24 pin power connector. Someone in the forum told me that the last four don't matter and this is false. The board will work sparactically but if you have the correct power connetor and power supply the board works flawlessly. Also if you are using the Antec Aria it will not work without a power supply modifcation. Also please note that if you are using the antec aria and you have one of the high perfomance graphics cards with 2 hard drives and a dvd burner you are asking for trouble. the power supply should be enough but in doing some research and testing it is not sufficient.

I got the Asus A8N-VM CSM. All in all its a great board. The only thing is finding a case that has the Hi-Def audio connetor. Also you will have to hunt down the spdif connector. The board is great. The onboard graphics are okay for basic gaming. I am sill looking for a good PCI Express card.

You may be asking why do i have the Asus and the Gigabyte. Well I had the Gigabyte and I was going to write that sucker off until I got the new one. Unfortunatly the local vendor where I purchased the Asus does not give refunds or credits for motherboard purchases they only do an exchange for defective boards. So if someone wants the Gigabyte make me an office I am willing to part with the Gigabyte board and the graphic card in my signature for a Good TV tuner card with fm radio.

Back