Gainward Dual Water Cooled 512mb 6800Ultras

asmielia

Limp Gawd
Here's the article: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21729

All that money and 2 MAJOR flaws:
-water block covers the RAM on one side of the board, not on the other (so what's the point?)
-pre-defined spacing between cards means it will probably only fit the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe board

What are they thinking? No one is going to buy this. The only people hardcore enough to pay this much for 2 Ultras can do a much better job themselves.

Adrian

lol... the biggest flaw with this thread is the link to the inquirer. I don't read that shit.

Intel_Hydralisk said:
lol... the biggest flaw with this thread is the link to the inquirer. I don't read that shit.

Weird, I've seen a couple flame posts of The Inquirer recently. Don't care if you do flame them, but can someone explain why people don't seem to like them, I find some of their dry humor amusing actually.

To keep on topic, did anyone see if the gap between the cards is actually to the ASUS spec or to the reference spec?

And yeah, IMO it is kind of dumb that they don't cool both sides of the card, since there is memory on both sides...assuming the photo is of a final release part though. Would be cool if someone sold that block, or if Gainward would just sell the waterblock, even if it's single sided, would still be fine on a 256mb 6800 series card. ;) Well, if someone didn't mind 1/4" ID hoses...I'm guessing/assuming that's what they used.

They tend to post a lot of rumours with little basis on fact. But hey, there are a ton of sites out there that report the facts and the press releases, but if something is going to happen, the Inq is usually the first to report it, you just have to sort through their bs and find the stories that have merit. Generally, the closer to a launch date, the more accurate the info. If they have pics, high probability of it being true.

Adrian

Kind of strange that they would make the spacing only good for the A8N-SLI. Maybe it's a stab toward the Alienware type OEM market because as you pointed out earlier, most hardcore watercooling types are going to make their own setup, and most likely not go with an A8N-SLI :).

I don't think I like the fact that both cards would be on the same loop. You'd need a pretty big radiator to disperse all that heat...

Back