Gainward Ultra 2400 6800GT any good?

cheezies

[H]ard|Gawd
I've heard some rumors about this card being really good and really bad. Tried searching for things on google, couldn't find a review. all the reviews were on the other version, the non-GT i think.

GOOD THING: overclocks really high somehow, it has software that oc's it to ultra speeds

BAD THING: i think it's got like 12 pipes or something

can some correct me? Thanks

ALL GT's have 16 pipes, gainward is one of the best companies, i have their 2100 NU powerpack thing and its nothing short of amazing. buy it.

I recall somewhere that Gainward had warranty that covered the GT's being overclocked to ultra speeds. Anyone else recall this?

There's a review for it at GamePC.com.
I gave up on my x800xt pre-orders and ordered this card from newegg yesterday. Hopefully I get the newer, quieter version they refer to in the review. Otherwise I'll probably have to switch out the fans for something less noisy. Newegg is out of them, but Zipzoomfly still had them last time I looked today.

i have built three or four machines using gainward cards and they worked great, havent heard anything negative about them from the users.
i have no personal experience with them, but their bundles are some of the best behind msi.

ToastyBoy said:
There's a review for it at GamePC.com.
I gave up on my x800xt pre-orders and ordered this card from newegg yesterday. Hopefully I get the newer, quieter version they refer to in the review. Otherwise I'll probably have to switch out the fans for something less noisy. Newegg is out of them, but Zipzoomfly still had them last time I looked today.

Do you have a direct link to the review? It seems that GamePC.com is jsut a online retail store.

I have a gainward golden sample 5900xt which is a great card and I cant imagine the gainward 6800 series card being anything less then great

yes, gainward does cover under warranty their factory overclock of 50mhz core and 100mhz ram

Beats the hell outta me. Guaranteed Ultra speeds without voiding the warranty, one molex connecter, and only a few bucks more that the average GT. (and it looks cool too)

ToastyBoy said:
Beats the hell outta me. Guaranteed Ultra speeds without voiding the warranty, one molex connecter, and only a few bucks more that the average GT. (and it looks cool too)

It's still too hard and expensive for me to get though. I'll most likely end up with a Galaxy 6800 GT or some other Chinese brand.

Colorful Rainbow 6800 GT $500 CAD (hook ups in China)
Galaxy 6800 GT - $500 CAD (hook ups in China)
Gainward 6800 GT Golden Sample - 631$ + $91.50 TAX, $722 CAD total (ncix.com)

For savings of $222, it's only smart that I get the Galaxy or the Colorful.

I ordered one of the last ones newegg had the other day for $430. An hour later when my friend tried to get one, they were out of stock. Zipzoomfly has them right now for $449.

was wondering if it's worth paying the extra bucks to get the Golden Sample since it's the same card but with no warranty. what do you guys think?

anybody who ended up getting this card have the 'newer quieter version' that was referred to earlier in this post? i've definately got the 'not so quiet' version, and its murdering my ears. :p

edit - just read the gamepc review, didn't realize the 'newer quieter version' of the gainward card was realized through the fan speed adjustment (which is a god-send when you're just browsing the web). has anyone just swapped the 60mm fans with some other brand?

Back