Galaxy 560 Ti Twinblade - $191 (Cashback, Rebate) @ TigerDirect

thanks faudau, you got me mostly convinced. Now if only they would come in stock. I got some amazon gift card balance to use. Too bad amazon doesn't have the same price/rebate for the 560

Go for the 560, I'm not to pleased with the drivers for my 6850. Good deal too.

damn munkle now im back at square one lol. I remember selling my 5970 because of the drivers, didn't think it would be as bad with a single card

I'd like to give some perspective about considering people's comments. Please keep in mind that a negative experience about either side's drivers is based on one configuration, in a community with a population of ~140,000, out of millions of boards sold per year. For all intents and purposes, their drivers are equally good. nVIDIA's driver's tabs are titled more intuitively in my opinion, other than that they're the same. I have no hesitation about purchasing either an nVIDIA or AMD graphic card based on my experiences and minor inconveniences.

Games wise the drivers have been fine since January. But I have little problems like monitor not waking from sleep since 2 updates ago, Id switch to older ones but the newer ones improved the performance in games. Then there is some weird one where if I hook my tv up I get weird windowed fullscreen issues where the mouse doesn't stay locked to the application or the screen goes to the tv even if the tv isn't on just connected. (I play all my games in windowed mode/fullscreen).

& I too have a 6850 and have had 0 driver issues. Last nv card I had however I had several.

Haven't had any driver issues with my 6950. I chose it over a 560, though I'm sure I'd have been happy either way. I never really had any driver issues with my 8800/9800 cards, but I did have to RMA three of them.

well driver-wise I would still say nvidia in ahead but i've had no issues with the current catalysts other than the retarded process of switching eyefinity on and off. :/ I know the 11.4 preview is a step in the right direction but I still would like a saved profile so a single button press would let you swtich between the two.

On a side note I've been testing both eyefinity and nvsurround gaming to do a review of the experience I'm pairing my 6950 up against 2 x 460 (768mb to keep the costs somewhat similar) to see which gives the better experience. Driver wise they seem to be pretty similar with neither providing an easy way to switch between 3 screen mode and surround/eyefinity mode. :/

Thank you guys for keeping such a close eye on these Galaxy deals. I will be getting a Galaxy for my next card. :D

Mmm, I just got a $20 off $200 discount e-mail too. Still debating between this and a 6950, ~$60 difference. 2560x1440 resolution so the extra memory would be nice, but I don't really play any recent intensive games...

Last edited:
damn munkle now im back at square one lol. I remember selling my 5970 because of the drivers, didn't think it would be as bad with a single card
Man the drivers arent bad, this is my first time on the red side with xfire and coming from an nvidia user in the past. The drivers are fine.

$20 coupon code received via e-mail for being a tiger direct e-mail suscriber just tonight!

:)

I had decided I didn't need to upgrade my 1GB GTX460 super overclock when I saw this thread earlier, but that $20 coupon puts my total price at $212.67 - $30 rebate = $182.67 (I didn't mess with Mr. Rebate, but the $20 e-mail link and the $10 discount code stacked)

I can probably get $150 for my Galaxy GTX460 super overclock which makes this card like $30 bucks for an upgrade to silent --- even if it's not much faster! (I hope it is at least a little faster?!?)

If this card wasn't silent I would never have sprung for it. I like having a absolutely quiet PC and my GTX460 is just not silent.

At any rate - I'll have it on April 22. Thanks for the link and the response to my previous question. The stars aligned I suppose.

Last edited:
$20 coupon code received via e-mail for being a tiger direct e-mail suscriber just tonight!

:)

I had decided I didn't need to upgrade my 1GB GTX460 super overclock when I saw this thread earlier, but that $20 coupon puts my total price at $212.67 - $30 rebate = $182.67 (I didn't mess with Mr. Rebate, but the $20 e-mail link and the $10 discount code stacked)

I can probably get $150 for my Galaxy GTX460 super overclock which makes this card like $30 bucks for an upgrade to silent --- even if it's not much faster! (I hope it is at least a little faster?!?)

If this card wasn't silent I would never have sprung for it. I like having a absolutely quiet PC and my GTX460 is just not silent.

At any rate - I'll have it on April 22. Thanks for the link and the response to my previous question. The stars aligned I suppose.

how did you get the 20$ coupon? I thought it's only 10ff if you sign up to the newsletter

Mmm, I just got a $20 off $200 discount e-mail too. Still debating between this and a 6950, ~$60 difference. 2560x1440 resolution so the extra memory would be nice, but I don't really play any recent intensive games...

IDK if $60 is worth the difference but I feel like the my galaxy gtx 560 struggles at 1920x1200 a bit in some instances so maybe the upgrade would be worth it at your resolution.

IDK if $60 is worth the difference but I feel like the my galaxy gtx 560 struggles at 1920x1200 a bit in some instances so maybe the upgrade would be worth it at your resolution.

In what games? I've never even found a game that my GTX460 super overclocked struggles in at 1920x1200?

I mostly play L4D2, which isn't suppose to be that intensive, so maybe it's because I downgraded from a GTX 480?

Phenom ii 555 @ X4 3.6ghz
4gb ddr2

I mostly play L4D2, which isn't suppose to be that intensive, so maybe it's because I downgraded from a GTX 480?

Phenom ii 555 @ X4 3.6ghz
4gb ddr2

Your 560 struggles with L4D2 at 1920 x 1200? I find that surprising. Are you using 8x SSAA or something like that? If you're not, that seems unusual, I'd expect a 560 to manhandle that game.

Its currently at 2xMSAA / 4x AF. It was higher before that but seems to run a lot better after I lowered them to these settings. However, I do admit that I don't really understand these settings (MSAA / CSAA etc).

Does anyone have a copy of the rebate? Apparently they took it down and I neglected to print it at the time of order! Help!?!?!

I ordered it on 4/14. I've had it for a couple weeks now, I google searched for the rebate and couldn't find it.

Pathetic...procrastination for the lose.

TigerDirect rebate checker acts like one never existed
http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/Rebates/index.asp?srkey=rebate

As does the Galaxy Rebate checker
https://galaxytech.4myrebate.com/Claim/FindaRebate

NEVERMIND --- After manually looking through about 80 rebates listed I found it. Hope this helps somebody else. You have until 6/1 to file it.

https://galaxytech.4myrebate.com/Claim/OfferDetailsNewGrid/?Offercd=SIC-6262

Last edited:
Back