Galaxy GeForce GTX 460 GC Edtion 768MB GDDR5 $89.99 AR

cabanaboy38

Limp Gawd
Galaxy GeForce GTX 460 GC Edtion 768MB GDDR5 PCI-E Video Card $89.99 AR at TigerDirect
TigerDirect has the Galaxy GeForce GTX 460 GC Edtion 768MB GDDR5 PCI-E Video Card for $189.99 - $20 instant savings - $20 off coupon code LWZ17182 - $40 rebate - $20 rebate = $89.99 with free shipping. Features: 700MHz Core Clock, 13696MHz Effective Memory Clock, 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 Memory, 1x mini HDMI, 2x DVI inputs. TIGERDIRECT

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ffiliateID=wPYnFnyU8sk-Ryy2hoOqEgffBp1C6kTXVQ

Not again...

:)

EDIT: FatWallet members can also receive 3% cash back, which would apply on $150, for $4.50 worth of credit to spend later.

Last edited:
So is this better than the 6870/5870 deals that have been recently posted? I'm in the market for a video card and I'm liking the price but how good of a card is this?

So is this better than the 6870/5870 deals that have been recently posted? I'm in the market for a video card and I'm liking the price but how good of a card is this?

Slightly worse than a 5870/6870 but at half the price what can go wrong?

I have one.

My only gripe is the fan noise. It has to be the loudest stock fan I've ever heard, bar none. At 40% speed I can hear it over my 5x80MM 3000 RPM case fans. Not just slightly either, it very noticeable, seriously it's that loud.

It does run cool though. @750 core it tops out at 61C, usually at ~59C under full load for hours.

I have one.

My only gripe is the fan noise. It has to be the loudest stock fan I've ever heard, bar none. At 40% speed I can hear it over my 5x80MM 3000 RPM case fans. Not just slightly either, it very noticeable, seriously it's that loud.

It does run cool though. @750 core it tops out at 61C, usually at ~59C under full load for hours.

Strange, seems like mine are extremely quiet. Temps are similar at 850/1700 while folding but maybe that's because I got rid of the fugly shroud

Check out its performance relative to a 6850 and 460 1GB. It's within 5% at 1680 x 1050 and 7% at 1920 x 1200. It's a much better deal than the 6850 and 5870 deals, provided that you don't plan on doing SLI in the future. And it still overclocks like a beast.

EDIT: Here's the difference between the 768MB and 1GB too. It does not amount to anything when single cards are concerned. It's usually 5% slower because of memory bandwidth, but the memory size is not a limiting factor.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Is the coupon code working for anyone? I was seriously considering snagging one but I can't get the code to work.

Check out its performance relative to a 6850 and 460 1GB. It's within 5% at 1680 x 1050 and 7% at 1920 x 1200. It's a much better deal than the 6850 and 5870 deals, provided that you don't plan on doing SLI in the future. And it still overclocks like a beast.

EDIT: Here's the difference between the 768MB and 1GB too. It does not amount to anything when single cards are concerned. It's usually 5% slower because of memory bandwidth, but the memory size is not a limiting factor.

Not meaning to be rude but none of the numbers that you say match the graph, your off by 1% to 3% depending on which card you were comparing to, you didn't make that clear. And memory size is a limiting factory just look that 2560x1600 benchmarks the 6850 is 17% faster in those comparisons to the 768 gtx and the 1gb version is 9% faster also. The bigger the resolution the bigger the gap. Doesn't mean its a bad card just not for high resolutions.

Either way it's a good deal if you get the rebates.

Last edited:
Not meaning to be rude but none of the numbers that you say match the graph, your off by 1% to 3% depending on which card you were comparing to, you didn't make that clear. And memory size is a limiting factory just look that 2560x1600 benchmarks the 6850 is 17% faster in those comparisons to the 768 gtx and the 1gb version is 9% faster also. The bigger the resolution the bigger the gap. Doesn't mean its a bad card just not for high resolutions.

Either way it's a good deal if you get the rebates.

Yeah I've seen that summary page so many times I quoted it off the top of my head and I was off a little bit. I'll look at it next time.

EDIT: Deleted the rest of the spiel that was this response. This is the best bang for your buck for people playing on 1080p or below.

EDIT2: munkle, color me surprised. My imagination couldn't quite stretch that far, but now, it has.

Last edited:
Yeah I've seen that summary page so many times I quoted it off the top of my head and I was off a little bit. I'll look at it next time.

True, the 6850 gets faster as resolution goes up, but you kind of touched on the point I'm about to get to. No one is going to be playing 25 x 16 with a 6850.
I game with a 6850 at 2560x1600

It's a good card, great deal like I said before but at higher resolution not so much. Performance difference of 17% at 2560 is quite a bit which is why I got the 6850 over the 768gtx, would have gone with the 1gb460 if it was cheaper at the time (ati drivers blow). I play starcraft 2 on ultra with around 50fps at the resolution, lower in big battles or with the stupid mothership on the field. Wow is pretty much always at 60fps+

Last edited:
apparently it draws less power than my ancient 8800GTS too which shocked the hell out of me.

I'd be all over this if it wasn't for $60 being tied up in a MIR I'm waiting for.

Will I see much performance increase over my 8800GT 512mb 675Mhz (on my Q6600 rig)?

Are you sure you can use both rebates on this?

Thanks

apparently it draws less power than my ancient 8800GTS too which shocked the hell out of me.

I'd be all over this if it wasn't for $60 being tied up in a MIR I'm waiting for.

Yeah wonder how long the rebates take?

I game @ just 1600 x 900 and MSI afterburner records 900 MB Vram usage playing Crysis and Far Cry 2. Just something to think about...raw benchmarks don't tell the whole story.

Finally bit on this, should be a nice upgrade from my aging 8800GTS. Couple things I noticed:

The link in the OP didn't work for me. I did a search and found two results for the card with matching price/rebates - the one WITH the Starcraft 2 trial offer is what you should buy, the other one doesn't work with the coupon code.

I wasn't able to get free shipping, but the economy shipping was $3.75 (I'm ok with that).

It looks like there is an expedited rebate option for a fee, hopefully it doesn't cost to much to do that.

Hella hot deal --

Buy this card for $189.99
code LWZ17182 : $20
Instant Savings: $20
$20 Rebate
$40 Rebate
$30 Rebate

Possible $10 instant off:
Tip: you must clear your browser's cache & cookies, and exclusively use the link below. After you click the link below and are re-directed to the TigerDirect website, you should then see the following notation in the bottom left side of the page [under the "Stay Connected"/contact info section]: "Your Priority Code is: WEB1101".

A cautionary note: if you try to link through another CashBack website, the promo code WEB1101/VISA10 will disappear and you most likely will not get the $10 off. Note that last month when TigerDirect had this deal, the "Priority Code" VISA10 was showing up at the bottom left of the page; instead, it is now showing as "Priority Code: WEB1101". Regardless, the offer is still valid according to the link at Visa (i.e., valid thru 28-Feb-2011) so they may have just changed the Priority Code.
Copy & paste the following URL into a new browser window for it to work properly:
Code:
http://usa.visa.com/personal/visa-signature/detail/TigerDirect.com_5_F10/vro_details.jsp?offerName=TigerDirect.com_5_F10&offerId=30197&pageId=12088&signatureFlag=9

189.99 - 20 - 20 - 20 - 40 - 30 - 59.99

If you get the Visa -- it's $49.99! Two of these for $100? Thats a great deal!!!

Are you sure you can get all the rebates?

Rebate terms say:
. Offer not valid with any other rebate offers or promotions

Are you sure you can get all the rebates?

Rebate terms say:
. Offer not valid with any other rebate offers or promotions

I had purchased my card yesterday and I got all of the rebates to begin the process online; now to mail them in. But the visa $10 off was a no go on my end, didnt show up on my invoice.

most people overly exaggerate the drawbacks of the 768MB card. the vast, vast majority of people are not running SLI setups and do not have 2560x1600 monitors. people in the market for a budget performance card (the bulk of gamers according to Steam stats) do not even play at 1900 at ultra quality.

as long as you are aware that you can only go up to 1900 res at high instead of ultra settings and can only use 4XAA instead of 8X, there's nothing wrong with these cards. they're great budget gamers and as long as you treat them as such they're great.

most people overly exaggerate the drawbacks of the 768MB card. the vast, vast majority of people are not running SLI setups and do not have 2560x1600 monitors. people in the market for a budget performance card (the bulk of gamers according to Steam stats) do not even play at 1900 at ultra quality.

as long as you are aware that you can only go up to 1900 res at high instead of ultra settings and can only use 4XAA instead of 8X, there's nothing wrong with these cards. they're great budget gamers and as long as you treat them as such they're great.

Good info.
Except I heard they're hella noisy.

Is anyone having luck with the $20 off promo code? I've tried half a dozen times over the last three days...no luck.

I keep on getting a message that says, "Coupon Code could not be verified, please try again."

Any tips?

Liquid Cool

EDIT: I read Zuht's post on the first page...the StarCraft II link through Google works just fine. 93.74 total, with $60 rebate and econo shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good info.
Except I heard they're hella noisy.

That's the deal breaker for me. I remember my first big "3d" card was a GeForce Ti4400 (forget the exact brand), but man that fucker was so god damn loud sounded like a jet engine in my case. Made me want to put noise dampening foam inside the case, amongst other things.. some time later I got a Ti4200 ("downgrade") and by comparison that thing was whisper quiet. Funny though, we have cards way more powerful today that can be passively cooled :D

re:Noise

This card is unique in that the manufacturer not only encourages you to replace the fan, they make it incredibly easy for you to do so. You just pinch the tabs and it slides out and you can replace it with any fan that you want.

Both the $40 and $30 rebates require original UPC so I highly doubt it's possible to cash in on both on a single purchase.

EDIT: Well now I'm confused because the form on Newegg with the same offer for $40 rebate says original UPC but the TigerDirect one says copy of UPC despite using the same offer code (SIC-6057).

Last edited:
Just got this card and will ship out the rebates. It says a copy of the UPC so I shouldn't run into any problems.

I have the option of buying a used GTX 470 for around $170 and I would use it as my only video card. How do 2 of these Galaxy GTX 460's, in SLI, compare to the GTX470. I will also be gaming at 1900x1200.

I have the option of buying a used GTX 470 for around $170 and I would use it as my only video card. How do 2 of these Galaxy GTX 460's, in SLI, compare to the GTX470. I will also be gaming at 1900x1200.

Since you will be gaming at 1900x1200, I would DEFINITELY advise going with the 470, because it has 1280MB of RAM vs 768MB. Although the performance should be better on the SLI 460's, they will hit a wall at that RAM, and you can always get another 470 in the future.

I play at the same resolution and I bit on the 460's in sli. I figure if I get the rebates making the cards $60 each you simply cannot beat that. I had a gtx 260 that I sold for $80 so even if I get half the rebates it was a very cheap sli setup. So far I have only played black ops on the cards and they are fantastic for that game (not a huge memory game). If I have to turn down aa on some games I don't think that will be a big deal at this resolution. These cards in sli have a lot of power but as mentioned you will hit a wall on some game with memory. So far paired with a 2500k at 4.4 this system is great for the money I spent. My vote is for the 460's because they are such a good deal with these rebates.

Back