Galaxy Nexus - What ROM are you currently running?

LOVING my GNex... still have yet to unlock the bootloader or flash any ROMS, having a hell of a time getting my rig to recognize it for adb. Tried every goddamned Samsung driver linked in all of the howtos and guides to no avail. But I only spent about 20 minutes or so trying, busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest this weekend.

It's probably due to some leftover HTC drivers as I had to do reviews on an HTC EVO V and HTC One V recently.

Anyway looking forward to the better battery life especially. I barely got eight hours today on a full charge... but I used it a hell of a lot. :D
Driver is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hopj725o3dahinu

Extract the zip, install the drivers manually through device manager. Works for both ADB and fastboot on Google Nexus devices (Nexus 7, GNex, etc.)

you could try the ADB drivers from the Android SDK as well.

missed your post when I posted that, the SDK ones *should* work w/o issue on a G.Nexus

LOVING my GNex... still have yet to unlock the bootloader or flash any ROMS, having a hell of a time getting my rig to recognize it for adb. Tried every goddamned Samsung driver linked in all of the howtos and guides to no avail. But I only spent about 20 minutes or so trying, busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest this weekend.

It's probably due to some leftover HTC drivers as I had to do reviews on an HTC EVO V and HTC One V recently.

Anyway looking forward to the better battery life especially. I barely got eight hours today on a full charge... but I used it a hell of a lot. :D
This is all you need to know, even has step by step videos. There is an option in the toolkit that automatically installs the samsung adb driver for you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1392310

Figured out my problem, apparently you can't install the drivers with the phone connected in while in fastboot. You have to install the drivers with the phone booted normally, then you can boot into fastboot mode and all will be peachy. :p

Still trying to decide on a ROM... might just try BAMF Paradigm for awhile.

Last edited:
I am running XenonHD on my g.nex. Best Jelly Bean rom I have tried . I used Jelly Belly, RootBoatz, BAMF, Liquid,JellyBro & Eclipse. I keep coming back to Xenon. Best features & so stable.

Figured out my problem, apparently you can't install the drivers with the phone connected in while in fastboot. You have to install the drivers with the phone booted normally, then you can boot into fastboot mode and all will be peachy. :p

Still trying to decide on a ROM... might just try BAMF Paradigm for awhile.

I'm still running BAMF Paradigm v2.3.1 and loving it still. Great ROM. However, I'm actually thinking about moving to the latest CM10 nightly to check out the new SMS options. Hearing a lot of good things about the CM10 nightlies so if it does as well as BAMF is I'll be sticking with CM10 for a good long while.

Got both mine and the roomies brand new Nexusessesesses (Nexi? Neexusees?) running CM10 nightlies. Just finished flashing LeanKernel on the roomies, mine is still running the stock CM10 kernel.

The Quadrant benchmark shows the difference between plain CM10 and CM10 with LeanKernel...

CM10 stock totally blows vanilla JB out of the water, as expected. LeanKernel just makes it that much better. Can't wait to see what battery life is going to be like with LeanKernel. :D

Little update. I bought a GSIII when my original Gnex's screen got cracked, but after a couple days, it went back. After having a Gnex fully customized and pimped out, the GSIII seems like junk. So I ended up getting another Gnex.

So currently I'm running AOKP JB Build 3, Leankernel's latest JB kernel, TWRP recovery, inverted Gapps (great for battery life and I love the black theme), and the latest radios available. Runs like butter and the battery is amazing. Not to mention I LOVE AOKP and the features that they are putting into the ROM on every new build.

I'm thinking that I'll get the next Nexus phone, and probably give my new Gnex to my wife. She has an Iphone 4. I've had to use her phone a few times, and it was a nightmare. Such a horrible, locked down, dumbed down phone and OS. So I forsee her running a my pimped out Gnex very soon.

I'm running Paranoid Android 2.16 with trinity a63 kernel and holo launcher HD using all inverted gapps from team ice.
Love the features of the rom. probably smoothest combo I have tried.

I finally left BAMF Paradigm when CM10 M1 was released. I'm now just using the CM10 nightlies and they're quite nice.

CM10 is pretty damn solid already. Been a long time since I've run straight CyanogenMod (TBolt had a lot of derivatives but nothing complete after Slayher's build).

I gave AOKP a try, but I just don't like it. On my GNex it just isn't as smooth as CM. Not to mention I really hate the feature creep. More features (many of which most people wouldn't use) means less stability.

I finally left BAMF Paradigm when CM10 M1 was released. I'm now just using the CM10 nightlies and they're quite nice.

CM10 is pretty damn solid already. Been a long time since I've run straight CyanogenMod (TBolt had a lot of derivatives but nothing complete after Slayher's build).

I gave AOKP a try, but I just don't like it. On my GNex it just isn't as smooth as CM. Not to mention I really hate the feature creep. More features (many of which most people wouldn't use) means less stability.

Yeah, I too found AOKP to be less stable than CM10. CM10 isn't on a feature freeze yet by any means... they add new features now and again, but you can be assured that when they do they are useful. Recently they added the ability to use the power button as a camera shutter button which I absolutely LOVE. I hate not having a physical shutter button, even on a phone camera. Really the only thing I'm pissed off at Google and Samsung for not including on the GNex.

Using the latest (build 2 i believe) of AOKP jellybean -- smooth, fast, and I haven't run into any bugs after 2 weeks.

Love it

The fact you can pick up a galaxy nexus for 49 dollars from amazon wireless is just a steal and a half I think. For what this phone can do - it's awesome.

I got the galaxy nexus thinking it was going to be so much fun since it will be the "IT" development phone. The weird thing is i am still on stock JB lol. runs great.

This is still the phone to own as far as I am concerned. GSM Gnex devs are awesome.
Rasbean with inverted apps and a66 kernel is just flawless and speed/smoothness/battery are unmatched on these trinity kernels and this rom.

Just threw on AOKP JB Build 4 yesterday, and it is smoking the previous CM10 nightly I had (which was admittidly old), loving it thus far

Just threw on AOKP JB Build 4 yesterday, and it is smoking the previous CM10 nightly I had (which was admittidly old), loving it thus far

I haven't tried AOKP B4 yet. Dunno if I will either. CM10 is just too smooth for my taste. I'm not even using other kernels or anything. CM10 is so solid on my GNex it'll be hard to pull me from it. Then again I am a crack flasher so who knows! :eek:

The nightly I had was far from smooth, constant redraws, laggy, slow wakes and all that jazz. I just finally got around to changing it (It was probably within the first week or 2 of nightlies .... so not CM's fault at all, it was just a "new" build at the time)

Latest CM10 nightlies are 4.1.2. That means CNA, AOKP, and Liquid will all be 4.1.2 by tonight. :p

That said it seems the same as 4.1.1 with just those few minor changes like the single finger expand on notifications which is actually pretty nice.

I've been keeping up with the latest AOKP releases and have been really happy, love the status bar modifications available. Also finally broke down and got the paid version of Titanium Back Up PRO and have loved the one click restore instead of individual clicks for every program.

Does someone knows secret codes for make it louder??

There are no secret codes to make it louder. You could try Volume+ from the Play Store although I'm not sure if that works with Jelly Bean quite yet...

or the code for the debug mode? i really need it, cant find it...

Not sure what you mean by 'Debug Mode'... if you're referring to USB debugging that can be enabled in Settings -> Developer Options -> Android Debugging.

thank you. my problem is that loudspeaker and phone speaker volume are low. i was used to enter in debug mode with a secret code in other phones to change settings.... i thought this one was the same.

I'm still using Peter Alfonso's Bugless Beast...he's on 4.1.2 and has been since since about 2 days after it dropped from Google.

I always come back to XenonHD. I dabble with AOKP and CM10 builds, but Xenon is always better in the end.

I always come back to XenonHD. I dabble with AOKP and CM10 builds, but Xenon is always better in the end.
Same here. Always come back to Xenon. I don''t mind trying other roms, but none of them feel right.

Guys - I've got the Nexus 4 blues. I can't afford to terminate my Verizon contract for my Galaxy Nexus. I'm still happy with my phone, but it's time for a face lift to keep me busy over this new release.

I'm considering these ROMS:
AOKP 5
CM10 M2
Paranoid

Really leaning towards Paranoid. I like the tablet options (smaller print, fit more on-screen, overclocking options). Can anyone vouch for this?

EDIT: Currently using a JellyBro release from back in July - it's got some random restarts that I'd like to get rid of, overclocking options that I would like to actually stick when they're set, and a few more features would be nice.

Last edited:
Looking for a new stable rom for the wife's phone, any suggestions?

Anyone using SlimBean?

BuglessBeast or JellyBelly if you want a more or less pure AOSP build. I actually find the CM10.1 nightlies to be very stable. There is a M release of CM10.1 as well that could be used. The M releases are code frozen releases that are considered "stable" by the CM team. They are the monthly releases.

Back