Galaxy Note 2, whose getting one?

I have found ebooks are pleasantly readable on the big ass screen. Read 250 pages at work today with out eyestrain.

Loving the phone. I installed Cleanroms 2.0, and it's even faster and batters lasts even longer. Funny thing though, I actually miss a few things from the stock ROM, and might go back to 100% stock with root. First time that's ever happened for me, lol.

What's is bugging me the most is that I can't find a decent case with a belt clip. The Otterbox Defender is backordered for the near future, as well as all the Defender's alternatives from different companies. So I ordered a cheapo TPU case and screen protector for the time being.

Far as battery life goes it's not that good however, friend of mine has the note 2 with the extend battery over 2x capacity and ya thats good.

Far as battery life goes it's not that good however, friend of mine has the note 2 with the extend battery over 2x capacity and ya thats good.

Don't know if you are having problems but I end the day with more than 50% battery on my note ii. On my galaxy nexus I was lucky for the phone to last till 4pm.

munkle.. I see that idiot was banned.. LOL..

the battery life on the Note2.. BLOWS AWAY any smartphone Ive ever had.. this thing is sick!

I fully charged it and took it off Monday Am, its now Wednesday AM, and Im still at 32%~!!!! Stock!

I love the battery life on this phone. I hate that I can't have a full page calendar and that music controls aren't on the lock screen. Oh well i'll live.

I love the battery life on this phone. I hate that I can't have a full page calendar and that music controls aren't on the lock screen. Oh well i'll live.

PowerAMPs lockscreen controls work fine here.

I have one, and its amazing. Also have the iphone5 and both serve their purposes. I never leave home without my note2.

the battery life on the note is hands down amazing. The MaH of the note 2 is twice that of most phones on the market today.

Yes, I have no idea how anyone could say otherwise. I actually picked up the Samsung battery charging system (comes with a spare battery) for $25 with the 50% off accessories coupon and I haven't had to plug in my phone a single time since I received it lol.

You guys are making it hard for me to resist the temptation. I've been itching to get this phone since it came out a few months ago. Even moreso now that they've released it on the Verizon network. Just tired of how bad Sprint service is getting in my area now. -- 10+ year customer that's going to jump ship in June, 2013. I looked at the ETF and it looks to be almost $200 if I bail out now. Not giving Sprint any more than I have to.

I would be getting this phone too if they sold it for Verizon's network on Newegg like they sell it for other carriers, like this. Give me the Verzion version for $630 shipped from a reputable seller like Newegg and....I buy! :) But nope :(

Note: I still have over a year left on my Verizon contract and I wouldn't extend my contract again anyway. The only way I'm getting this phone is at retail. I'm also not a fan of ebay or craigslist. All too often things that are new have been used for a week or two, but they're new! No thanks.

Well, the Verizon version has root now. I'm just waiting right now to see how long that widget to activate the built-in wifi tethering continues to work. TrevE has a root-required wifi tether that appears to be working as well. I'd just like things somewhat squared away on tethering before I get one.

Luckily, it looks like I'll be able to upgrade my wife's line to the Note 2, then activate it on my number with my SIM card and switch her back to her basic phone with no data.

Has anyone been able to successfully pair a xbox 360 wireless receiver dongle with a wireless 360 controller via. an OTG cable on their Note 2? I've seen that it's supposed to work, but I'm unable to get it to do so...

Thinking of selling my ipad 2 because I dont use it since I got this ohone

Hmm, maybe I should wipe the Nexus 10 off my Christmas list and put the Note 2. Though it's way too expensive to buy off contract on Verizon for anyone to get me. My wife already spilled the beans that my mom was going to get my the N10 for Christmas. Maybe I can get them to go in together for the Note 2, lol. I can still sell my Gnex to offset the cost a bit, hopefully for at least $200 or so.

I have actually been planning on adding my mom to my Verizon account since AT&T pissed her off and it would save her money just to be part of my plan. Her contract is done now, so maybe I could just have her added to my account, get the Note 2 on her line, then swap phones/SIMs with her. The only issue with that is that I couldn't give her my Gnex in good conscious because of 2 things; bad battery life (esp. considering this will be her first smart phone, so she's used to having her flip phone off the charger for days) and it's a new OS for her to learn. I'm sure she could get used to Android relatively quickly, but she already has an iPad, so I think an iPhone would be much better suited for her. So if only I could trade someone my Gnex for an iPhone 4 or something :(.

I just upgraded my droid razr max for the note 2 a couple of days ago this phone is absolutely amazing

I just upgraded my droid razr max for the note 2 a couple of days ago this phone is absolutely amazing

Wow, you pay full retail from the store? I guess you could get $300 or so for the Maxx still to help out.

I just started getting really bad battery life on my note and can't figure it out. One thing I noticed is the wifi isn't turning off even though it set to never be on during sleep, and something keeps waking the device but I don't know what. I only 4 apps I have installed that didn't come on the phone and its not them keeping the device awake and it worked fine with them before.

I just started getting really bad battery life on my note and can't figure it out. One thing I noticed is the wifi isn't turning off even though it set to never be on during sleep, and something keeps waking the device but I don't know what. I only 4 apps I have installed that didn't come on the phone and its not them keeping the device awake and it worked fine with them before.

Assuming you have wifi at home or wherever this is happening, change "Keep wifi on during sleep" back to Always. Otherwise your phone will constantly be polling the towers for service and this is probably why your device keeps waking up.

Edit: Oh btw I love my Galaxy Note II!!!

Last edited:
I was checking my old 3,7" screen phone - and couldn't stop thinking - how the hell people can live with such a small phone.

Ehh once you go note there's no comming back ;)

What ROM are you guys running? Running Cleanrom 2.1 now. Thinking of trying NOTEorious a try.

Wow, you pay full retail from the store? I guess you could get $300 or so for the Maxx still to help out.

nope used the upgrade off another line in my plan so I didn't loose my unlimited data, they got downgraded to a 2gb a month plan, but that won't be an issue. Then gave the razr maxx to that line. They had a Droid Pro so it was a big upgrade for them lol.

I took the plunge and wow, what an amazing device. Took me a day and some doing but was able to get all of my apps, music (thank you Google Music/Play, why didn't I know about you before?), SMS/MMS, and contacts set up on the Note 2. The screen is just mesmerizing. Weird leaving 5+ years of iPhones behind, and I do miss the full backups, etc. but even at 100% stock the Note 2 and Jelly Bean rocks.

Assuming you have wifi at home or wherever this is happening, change "Keep wifi on during sleep" back to Always. Otherwise your phone will constantly be polling the towers for service and this is probably why your device keeps waking up.

Edit: Oh btw I love my Galaxy Note II!!!

I figured out what it was, it was google location services. I turned it off and battery life has been alot better.

We should have a poll to see which version of the note 2 most folks are buying (at&t, sprint, t-mobile, verizon or international). Hum I think I will start one.

You could save yourself the effort and just look up which of those companies has the most subscriptions. =]

Well in the states it is a toss up between at&t and verizon; but world wide the international version dominates :)

Well in the states it is a toss up between at&t and verizon; but world wide the international version dominates :)

Verizon version is more of a PITA as VZW is the only Note2 carrier that required Samsung to lock the bootloader. All the other Note2s are easy unlock.

Sprint here.

I figured out what it was, it was google location services. I turned it off and battery life has been alot better.

Google location services shouldn't need killed. IME it is only wifi/network based locating that drains battery life. Sucky thing is that Google Now is broken without network-based locating which is crap.

Hey guys $150 for new lines at amazon wireless, bleh still 280 if you are upgrading.

Back