GALLERY! Show off your HTPC!

Sorry about the wierd pic sizes, Im just trying to keep the file size down and post pictures that are actually smaller than your monitor's viewable area... unlike some. :p

This made front page a few years ago, and many many forum updates ago. Everything in the pic is the same, besides the hdd 4g->20g. I won't realy use the space but I figured the 4g was old enough to kick off soon. I realy only use it for playing DVDs, with a minimal amount of other stuff.

front1.jpg

All buttoned up
vcr.jpg

the integral buttons are used from the vcr case(Power, eject...)
leds.jpg

center [H] is power, left and right are Hdd and DvD. Maybe center should have been [H]ard drive. heh
full.jpg

The old setup with the infamous 40" Mitsubishi Tube . Largest tube tv ever made I believe. (About 400lbs though.)
back.jpg

That took some work!
in1.jpg

in2.jpg

The insides for who is interested.

I finally just recently got a front-end running(myhtpc) and a gyromouse. The remotes are too expensive for what they do. As far as I look at it.

The tv itself is nice and bright.. As normal tube tvs are. Big bright tubes are good because you can watch it from anywhere in the room with no viewing angle problems. If you look hard you can see a bit of bluring towards the corners as the designers were struggling to keep focus on the behemouth with so much flatish surface area. You don't notice it at all otherwise.

hehe, when it turns on you hear the voltage potential in the room change as probably a few thousand static arcs occur across the screen. Not visible though.

As for how it worked with the htpc, I can't give an accurate score. I didn't mess with the video settings past setting at 800x600. It worked fine that way. Text was difficult to see, but thats a natural problem with tvs anyway.

If anyone doesn't know much about tubes, to get purfect focus on the whole picture every part of the screen must be the exact same distance away from the emitter. But sence people don't like watching a globed surface, they opt for more flat, which would put some areas slightly out of focus.

Bomber said:

don't get me wrong i'm not nitpicking your choice of cases, but when will companies ditch that ugly floppy drive hole on their snazzy black cases? it just looks bad.

i'm shopping for a case for my htpc-in-progress but nothing in my price range (up to $70ish) is really catching my eye. lots of nice $100-$150 range cases though.

Thats what 3/4 people ask when they see it. ;)

No.

I have no real use for it to be working. Ive got an A/V switch box I built to do that.

(edit) Atleast to just make inputs go through to the TV.(edit)

My HTPC: H2O cooled Antec Aria, Barton 2500+, 9800 AIW, 120gb 7200rpm HD, TDK 4x DVD burner, and 512mb RAM (needs an upgrade.)

Picture of the radiator mounted on the left hand side panel (facing the front)
radiator.jpg

Radiator and intake fan mounted looking from the top.
fans_mounted.jpg

The case in my rack:
case_closeup.jpg

And my setup in all it's glory:
ht_setup2.jpg

It's due to DVI 1:1 pixel mapping on this TV. These are just digital images (can't capture what you really see) it looks better in real life. I type this ten feet from my TV and see it just fine.

MaddJoser said:
It's due to DVI 1:1 pixel mapping on this TV. These are just digital images (can't capture what you really see) it looks better in real life. I type this ten feet from my TV and see it just fine.

what TV is that, and is it LCD projection? im looking to buy something similiar very soon.

Nothing too fancy here. Bought an Antec Aria and put a A64 3200+ in it. It's now my TV and MP3 player in the entertainment center and it also works on the Folding project. :)

foldingpc2.jpg

foldingpc3.jpg

MaddJoser said:

I see that your TV suffers from the same top/bottom cropping as my Hitachi HDTV does. No matter HOW much I adjust things in Powerstrip, I always seem to loose a little from the top and bottom. lol Ah well.....it's still really fun to frag/drive on 65" of goodness. :)

I used the following resolution with powerstrip to get 0 overscan on my Hitachi 57SWX20B

1184x666p=1184,176,56,240,666,31,6,47,74520,1

I don't know how games will handle that res though.

Here is my last system link

It was:
a7n8x deluxe
1700+ w/ sk7
2x256 corsair pc3200c2
aiw-8500dv w/ remote wonder
pvr-250
80gb wd se

New system (no pics yet)
Antec Sonata (2 120s on rheobus)
IC7
p4 2.4c
2x256 pc3500 geil
9700pro
pvr-250
zalman 7000
wd 200gb se
wd 160gb se
seagate sata 120gb
8x dvdrom
48x cd burner (never used, but it is behind the door)
Still using the remote wonder, but plan on picking up a firefly soon

I'm slowly building mine from obsolete parts, but I've come into a new system upgrade recently so the following will be delivering the HTPC experience:

Right now:
pentium][-700Mhz
384MB pc100 RAM
SBLIVE 5.1
Guillemot GeForce2
16x DVD/CDRW combo drive

In a few days I'll have this:
ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe
512MB DDR400 RAM
No current processor. Waiting for a hand-me-down.
Crucial Radeon 9600 PRO
16x DVD/CDRW combo drive

all to be displayed on this, a Mitsubishi WS-65313 65" HDTV:
hometheatre.jpg

I hate you all...... :D

Just built a box for such purposes.

AthlonXP 2200
512MB PC2700
Biostar M7NCG - With NF2 Soundstorm
80Gig HDD
GF4ti4200

I also work for a case importer and we recently got these little gems into stock:

http://www.suza-fr.com/default.aspx?lg=FR&product=362 (excuse the French its our head office :rolleyes: )

So, Im working on building it up. Looking for a decently priced Tuner card with digital freeview capabilities. And a decent TV..... :cool:

I just got mine as well - two VGA connections, one DVI and boatloads of component and composite and svga -

Right now I have my Progressive Scan DVD, XBOX with HIDef pack and Pace HDTV Cable box all hooked up (Pace via Time Warner does DVI to DVI - schweet!) -

Got it all for 2499, 18 months same as cash and a free tivo! (which I sold hehe - I have DVR from Time Warner downstairs - ).....

now to hook up my ati 9700 AIW pro :)

I called this one Jujube after my fave movie theater candy :) Scratchbuilt case, parts mostly found at Lowe's. The front bezel is an aluminum door saddle (or sill). Interior framing is all alum angle from Lowes. Acrylic from local plastic shop. The gold finish is Duplicolor simulated annodized paint.

specs:

P4 2.8c
MSI MicroATX mobo
ATI AIW 9800 Pro w/remote
SB Audigy2 ZS
Sony DVDR-RW
1GB Corsair
200GB WD Sata HDD
BeyondTV 3
WinXP Pro

Additional hardware:

Griffen Powermate USB Knob
Matrix orbital 2x24 VFD

jujube_1.jpg

jujube_2.jpg

jujube_3.jpg

jujube_4.jpg

jujube_5.jpg

jujube_6.jpg

CrimsonSky, that is a VERY impressive homebrew! Guys like you keep modding competitive.

thanks people-Couple of things I would have improved is another fan intake, finish head hex bolts and a bigger VFD..a lesson for next time ;)

Ive just put a satellite card in mine from www.technisat.com and a dish up and now its a PVR for freeview channels! The image quality is amazing, it must be damn close to DVD quality... it leaves a conventional tuner card for dead!

I have had my HTPC a while now specs and piccys follow

Kanam Accent HT200B HTPC Case
Sony KP-51WS510 51" HDTV TV
Soyo Dragon KT400 Ultra Mainboard
Athlon XP 2700+ Tbred Core 333MHZ FSB
1GB Crucial DDR PC3200
Nvidia FX5200 AGP 8X Graphics
Hauppage PVR 250BTV TV Tuner
ATI HDTV Wonder
Zalman CNPS6000CU Heatsink
Enermax 400W Noise Killer PSU
Samsung 60GB 7200 IDE Hard Drive