Game Music

Most of the stuff from David Wise (Rareware) and Nobuo Uematsu (Square) is really good.

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines:
Aerial – "Pound"
Chiasm – "Isolated"
Daniel Ash – "Come Alive"
Darling Violetta – "Smaller God"
Die My Darling – "Needles Eye"
Genitortures – "Lecher Bitch"
Lacuna Coil – "Swamped"
Massive Attack – "Angel"
Ministry – "Bloodlines"
Tiamat – "Cain"

I also like the soundtracks for the Total War series of games.

Megaman 2 had the best in my opinion. (flash man theme ftw)

Doom and Doom2.
Morrowind.
Diablo.

I have the minibosses version of megaman 2 on my ipod. It’s great for those long waits in traffic, especially with my stereo and sub at max. Then super mario bros comes along and people start looking at me funny. Ahhhh, good times, good times…

Hehe.. Gotta love the minibosses.

I forgot to mention how much I love the Max Payne menu music and the Wizards and Warriors music.

i enjoyed the painkiller soundtrack. pretty heavy straight up rock/metal tunes. my favorite soundtracks so far have been: halo series, god of war series, icewind dale 2, gears of war, andand any single one of the old skool nintendo songs anyone can remember.

i'll pretty much say any FF game (except FFx-2).
All get me going and I listen to FF12 Daily while at work.

Crazy mentions:
Redneck Rampage.... Big Rigs and BBQ never sounded so silly
Quarintine, Music from down under (mostly if not all)

Troika did well with Temple of Elemental Evil and Arcanum. Arcanum was a quartet of violins, very apropos to the game.

Doom
FF2
Secret of Mana
Super Mario 3

Megaman 2 had the best in my opinion. (flash man theme ftw)

The first stage of Wiley's castle always got me going. Wiley's castle music in general was the best in the game. As soon as I saw this thread, that music just popped into my head.

Gonna have to go with Kingpin: Life of Crime. There weren't many songs, and they were all Cyprus Hill, but I really enjoyed the hell out of it and it went great with the game.

Back