Game on screen 1, video on screen 2

indelible

n00b
I have a dual monitor setup and I'd like to play a full screen game (WC3, CS/TF2) on one while having a video open on the other. The problem is, if I'm in a game, the other monitor won't display the video. I can hear the audio but there is no video. Any way to fix this? I have a 9600GT, had a 7900GT before and the video+game combo didn't work either.

Can you game run in windowed mode instead of full screen mode? That usually helps with using the second screen.

Try using a different renderer for the video that you're playing. The video is not showing up probably because directx is being used and the video is trying to use it at the same time but the game is taking priority. If you're using CCCP or K-Lite it should be pretty easy to switch the renderer to something else and give that a try.

Can you game run in windowed mode instead of full screen mode? That usually helps with using the second screen.

using windowed mode in WC3 is hard because i need to move the mouse to the corners at times and when i do that the mouse ends up onto the desktop.

Try using a different renderer for the video that you're playing. The video is not showing up probably because directx is being used and the video is trying to use it at the same time but the game is taking priority. If you're using CCCP or K-Lite it should be pretty easy to switch the renderer to something else and give that a try.

How do i change a renderer through VLC or something else?

I use VLC to play videos on my second monitor just fine.

I've tried VLC, WMP, and MCP, none of them work. Do you have any special settings?

I have the same problem, i think it is because wc3 uses direct x and so does the default render in VLC..

alright, figured it out, i had to set wc3 to run in the nativ res of my monitor, 1680x1050. now i can watch a vid on the other monitor and play at the same time.

Back