Gamefly is having a PC downloads sale!

Where does the Gamefly download the game to?

I just bought a game from Gamefly and had to download and install Gamefly downloader program in order for me to download the game that I purchased.

After downloading the game using its downloader program, I cannot find it even though it said that it has finished downloading it. There is an option to open and run the program but I don't want to install the game to the computer that I used to download the game. I want to install it on another computer. I have the key for the game but I don't want to install it on the computer that I downloaded the game from.
I just need the game file only.

I just bought a game from Gamefly and had to download and install Gamefly downloader program in order for me to download the game that I purchased.

After downloading the game using its downloader program, I cannot find it even though it said that it has finished downloading it. There is an option to open and run the program but I don't want to install the game to the computer that I used to download the game. I want to install it on another computer. I have the key for the game but I don't want to install it on the computer that I downloaded the game from.
I just need the game file only.

you are only licensed to use each Downloaded Game for so long as you maintain an active subscription to the Service.

Read more: http://www.gamefly.com/about-us/terms-of-use#ixzz2gDWKKzEl
Follow us: @GameFly on Twitter | GameFly on Facebook

if you buy a game without a subscription, you immediately forfeit your right to use the Downloaded Game.

if you buy a game without a subscription, you immediately forfeit your right to use the Downloaded Game.

What the hell are you talking about man? That's only for the unlimited play subscription program Gamefly has. You pay a subscription fee and are able to download any of the games they have in their subscription library. When you subscription expires you no longer have access to those games.

Any games you flat out buy from Gamefly are yours regardless of if you have a subscription. They're not going to lock them if you don't have a sub. 0_o

That's only for the unlimited play subscription program Gamefly has. Any games you flat out buy from Gamefly are yours regardless of if you have a subscription. They're not going to lock them if you don't have a sub. 0_o

This is exactly correct

What the hell are you talking about man? That's only for the unlimited play subscription program Gamefly has. You pay a subscription fee and are able to download any of the games they have in their subscription library. When you subscription expires you no longer have access to those games.

Any games you flat out buy from Gamefly are yours regardless of if you have a subscription. They're not going to lock them if you don't have a sub. 0_o
thats what one would hope, but its not what the terms of service in the sale's page state.

the GameFly Subscription Rental Service and other services offered by GameFly (the "Service")

they state that "the Service" includes their other services (such as purchases) in addition to the Subscription Rental Service

GameFly may make the Digital Client available to active subscribers to the Service.

this indicates that the digital client is used for other things than the subscription service, such as purchases.

The Digital Client may allow you to download and install certain third party game software on your computer (the "Downloaded Games")

they state that "the Downloaded Games" come from the digital client, which is where purchases come from.

you are only licensed to use each Downloaded Game for so long as you maintain an active subscription to the Service.

"the Service" includes purchases, and you are only licensed to use each Downloaded game for so long as you maintain an active subscription to "the Service"

Any unauthorized use of the GameFly Site and Services will automatically and immediately terminate your subscription and the license(s) granted by us.

you break the terms of service, and you lose all licenses granted by them, which includes purchases.

all quotes comes from the terms of service listed in gamefly's purchase section.

I was getting ready to make a big long post with pretty quotes and whatnot... And just decided it's not worth it.

I'll just leave it at this. You're wrong. I'm not sure what Gamefly did to piss you off, but spreading lies is a lame way to get your revenge. Thousands of people (myself included) can attest to the fact that you can play any game you purchase from Gamefly without having a subscription. I've never had a Gamefly subscription and I've even called Gamefly for help after a purchase. Do you really think they would have helped get the game up and going if it was breaking ToS to do so?

You're quoting the terms of use for a Gamefly account. Not the purchase ToS, there's a difference. And on another note. Gamefly uses the term "digital purchases" for items you BUY (not subscribe to) and "downloads" as a general term for any game you download through their sub service.

And yes... If you break the terms of service in a way they feel is bad enough (adding a cracked game, etc) you can lose all purchases connected to your gamefly account. Same with Steam. Same with Origin. Same with Gamestop. Wtf do you expect?

Bah, I'm done. This isn't worth my time. Excuse my while I go play modded Madden '08 on the Gamefly client without a subscription.

*Edit*
After reading your Origin account thread, I understand where all this is coming from now. 0_o

Last edited:
Can anyone answer my question please?

I'm not sure offhand. You probably can find it shown either in the client's settings or by searching the name of the game (one keyword) in File Explorer, which is an easy one. Look for it to be in something like "cache" or "downloadstore" kind of thing :). I've yet to order a game from them that I have used the client for, so sorry I can't tell you exactly what it is.

Anyone here played Strike Suit Zero? It seems like a pretty cool game for $5 no? Any feedback would be great..

Anyone here played Strike Suit Zero? It seems like a pretty cool game for $5 no? Any feedback would be great..

I enjoyed it. Epic space battles with some replay value to get all the upgrades.

It's very arcade-y and fast paced compared to the games like this of the past (X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Wing Commander, etc) but I still thought it was a blast.

I enjoyed it. Epic space battles with some replay value to get all the upgrades.

It's very arcade-y and fast paced compared to the games like this of the past (X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Wing Commander, etc) but I still thought it was a blast.

Thanks, it looks good... gonna grab it with the 20% off coupon :). I'm sure I'll get my $4 out of it.

The only time I bought a game from GameFly (about 3 months ago), I activated it on Steam and did not have to download anything.

Do you have Steam?
Is the game you bought available on Steam?

Thanks, I grabbed it and am pulling it down from Steam as I type this..I would LOVE to see a modern HD remake of XW and TF..I loved those games so much..

Can you use the games on steam?

The ones that support Steam. You aren't going to get the Origin exclusive game codes to enter into Steam naturally. I assume you know that, but every thread someone asks can they get Battlefield 3, Crysis 3, etc through Steam.

How the hell do I buy games on that site without having to sign up for a monthly subscription?

Can anyone answer my question please?

Easy to do, just install the Gamefly client on the computer you want to install the game on. Then download, install, enjoy. :D Not all games are downloadable through Gamefly, some are codes to redeem games from other services like Origin or Steam.

Are these downloads used?

I tried to search in my computer but I cannot see the game file that I downloaded. It stated that it has completed the download and it took me several minutes to download the game Gatling Gears.

Easy to do, just install the Gamefly client on the computer you want to install the game on. Then download, install, enjoy. :D Not all games are downloadable through Gamefly, some are codes to redeem games from other services like Origin or Steam.

I did use the Gamefly download client to download the game. Then I tried to search in my computer but I cannot see the game file that I downloaded. It stated that it has completed the download and it took me several minutes to download the game Gatling Gears.
I want to find the game file so that I can install the game on a different computer. I already have the key to the game. I think that I can only use the key on 1 computer so I want to save the key to be used on the computer that I want to install.

I did use the Gamefly download client to download the game. Then I tried to search in my computer but I cannot see the game file that I downloaded. It stated that it has completed the download and it took me several minutes to download the game Gatling Gears.
I want to find the game file so that I can install the game on a different computer. I already have the key to the game. I think that I can only use the key on 1 computer so I want to save the key to be used on the computer that I want to install.

I don't see the problem with manofgod's suggestion, or the one I gave on using a file search, to either download the game directly to the computer you want to install it on or find the installation files.

How are you guys able to buy the games without having to sign up for a monthly subscription?

Yep. There has been exactly once that EA has put Bioware points on sale. That was years ago.
yeah I remember that. I think they only had the 800 points on sale and had restriction on how many to buy or some crap like that.

Crysis 3 for $12 doesn't seem too bad. :)

Definitely worth $12 as you will see. :D I picked up Most Wanted and am enjoying that immensely. (I will not purchase cars in game though but will only play the cars that the game has come with.)

Definitely worth $12 as you will see. :D I picked up Most Wanted and am enjoying that immensely. (I will not purchase cars in game though but will only play the cars that the game has come with.)

Yeah, Most Wanted is fun, but if you want to run max settings you need to put a frame limiter on at about 58fps (engine caps at 60 and starts to stutter if your rig is too fast). Lame, but it works. I have Crysis 3 but haven't bitten into it yet...

Back