Gamer loving my new Asus 26" VK266H

I love my acer 22"
beautiful display, and its a tank. I move it from house to house, and it still works like a charm :)

Had this monitor for over a week now and it's amazing. Even with the one dead pixel, I'm very impressed. With that much real estate, you lose the dead pixel a lot either way.

has anyone done any calibration or w/e? I like the scenery setting but it seems TOO bright in some areas, and then too dark in some games...I am not good with calibrating and fiddling with settings..

Just got this monitor yesterday. I'm VERY VERY impressed. I did some basic calibration (more to come this weekend when I have more time) and messed around with a few games, TV (dvr), and the 360.

The text is crisp, the games are pretty, and I think I'm in love. :D I have to say that this monitor does better at non-native resolutions than I expected, since I can't push full resolution with EVERYTHING on in some games.

Mine has 1 hot pixel (pink) near the middle of the screen. Annoying, but I still like the monitor. Strange thing is the pixel's red color seems to only go from fully off to fully on. I tested with primary colors and could not detect it. It only shows up in grey/brown/purple colors. Not sure what I can do about it. :confused:

Hi,

I'm seriously thinking 'bout getting this monitor. Can anyone comment on the picture quality using Hi-Def source?

Cheers

Hi,

I'm seriously thinking 'bout getting this monitor. Can anyone comment on the picture quality using Hi-Def source?

Cheers

When I had it hooked up to my Ps3 with "The Dark Knight" the picture was phenomenal. This would be an awesome movie for watching HD movies.

When I had it hooked up to my Ps3 with "The Dark Knight" the picture was phenomenal. This would be an awesome movie for watching HD movies.

Man, thank you so much for the great reply. Now I can purchase this beautiful monitor with confidence.

Again thanks for the clarification.

Replacement came in today, looked like UPS played foot ball with it (wasn't around to refuse shipment :(). After taking pics I called NewEgg and told them about the condition of the box, they told me to go ahead and open it and see if it worked. I opened her up and all seems to be good so far. This screen is absolutely gorgeous :eek:. Going to have to get the "Dark Night" now to see how it looks :).

100_0652.jpg

100_0655.jpg

im lovin mine, came in today!

This bitch appears to be sold out at NewEgg. Is Provantage the next best place to get it at $337? I wanted sub-300 like a few of you got. =(

[S]Zilla;1033791685 said:
This bitch appears to be sold out at NewEgg. Is Provantage the next best place to get it at $337? I wanted sub-300 like a few of you got. =(

I prefer Provantage over Newegg (when the price is cheaper) due to their super quick shipping. I'm only 2 states away. ;) I've only had one issue so far with one of my orders and they did a fantastic job resolving it.

Anyone calibrate this thing yet? The colors seem off in the first few minutes of playing with it, was looking for a quick fix.

Has anyone ordered the VW266H/VK266H through provantage? Just wondering if anyone has input on how the special order went. I'm afraid to order from newegg because of the pixel policy, but I'm also afraid it'll be on order from provantage for like a month. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with provantage and special orders.

-Kevin

Has anyone ordered the VW266H/VK266H through provantage? Just wondering if anyone has input on how the special order went. I'm afraid to order from newegg because of the pixel policy, but I'm also afraid it'll be on order from provantage for like a month. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with provantage and special orders.

-Kevin

I ordered one from provantage on the Feb 26th, and today is Mar 12 and the item is yet to ship.:mad: I saw that newegg had the same monitor for $350 shipped ($310:eek: after MIR and LIVE CASHBACK) while Provantage had it for $357 shipped. I thought, WTHeck so I canceled provantage and ordered one from newegg. The monitor should be here by monday.

Thats my story.:) Finger crossed for no dead pixel. :rolleyes:

Well I guess provantage is out then. Sux, I don't think I'm man enough to roll the dice with newegg's return policy on monitors.

Just ordered mine from the Egg. MIR and Live Cashback Free shipping.

Only issue now is explaining it to the wife :( But it is my Birthday in 2 weeks :)

Just ordered mine from the Egg. MIR and Live Cashback Free shipping.

Only issue now is explaining it to the wife :( But it is my Birthday in 2 weeks :)

congtatulations, your gunna love it. I had to sell some stuff to get it so my wife wouldn't strangle me in my sleep:p

FYI, Provantage has 15 in stock as of right now. I just placed my order. Thank god, I really didn't want to gamble with newegg.

FYI, Provantage has 15 in stock as of right now. I just placed my order. Thank god, I really didn't want to gamble with newegg.

Nice:) I heard that provatage return process sucks, you have to deal with the manufactures instead of provantage. So thats even more problematic situation. I dont wanna scare you though. :eek:

Nice:) I heard that provatage return process sucks, you have to deal with the manufactures instead of provantage. So thats even more problematic situation. I dont wanna scare you though. :eek:

Having never ordered with them, I can't say for sure, but according to their return policies page, that's only if the item is listed as manufacturer's warranty. The VW266H is currently listed as Standard 30 Days Return, which according to their policy is returnable as long as the original package contents are complete and contained in the original manufacturer's packaging.

http://www.provantage.com/scripts/return.dll/x/0//warranty-3

Now in practice, I don't know how it would go down.

Mine finally arrived today. So far, so good, no dead/stuck pixels. So far, I'm liking it alot. Seems pretty good for the money so far. If my opinion doesn't change in the next couple days I believe I'm going to order a second one.

-Kevin

Having never ordered with them, I can't say for sure, but according to their return policies page, that's only if the item is listed as manufacturer's warranty. The VW266H is currently listed as Standard 30 Days Return, which according to their policy is returnable as long as the original package contents are complete and contained in the original manufacturer's packaging.

I've dealt with them a number of times. All orders shipped quickly. I had to return one item and it went flawlessly. I spoke to a Provantage rep and they handled it professionally. I prefer them over Newegg whenever possible. Highly recommended.

I've dealt with them a number of times. All orders shipped quickly. I had to return one item and it went flawlessly. I spoke to a Provantage rep and they handled it professionally. I prefer them over Newegg whenever possible. Highly recommended.

Good to know. Luckily my monitor had no stuck/dead pixels, so I didn't need to test their policy. I'm probably going to order a second one, so it is good to know their customer service is good.

Hmm, thinking about ordering this from provantage, but since it's "Special Order" that would put me at risk of losing the rebate since I think it expires 3/31. The second cheapest place including shipping for me (and Live Cashback money) seems to be at Superbiiz. Anybody familiar with them?

Hmm, thinking about ordering this from provantage, but since it's "Special Order" that would put me at risk of losing the rebate since I think it expires 3/31. The second cheapest place including shipping for me (and Live Cashback money) seems to be at Superbiiz. Anybody familiar with them?

I used superbiiz, AKA ewiz.com, to get my video card. It didn't take long to get here, and they had a great price on it. I can't comment on how good they are on returns tho, because I didn't have to return my card. I would buy from them again tho.

I cojuldn't stand it any more. Just ordered one myself to replace a 22" Gateway that will go on my Laptop.

$319 after $70 off sale and $30 rebate. I HATE ordering monitors from the Egg, but I just had to do it this time.

I used superbiiz, AKA ewiz.com, to get my video card. It didn't take long to get here, and they had a great price on it. I can't comment on how good they are on returns tho, because I didn't have to return my card. I would buy from them again tho.

I ordered from them. I actually canceled the order once because the price changed upward $30 from the time I put it in my cart then submitted (30 minutes elapsed because I got distracted with work). No warning, just happened to notice the sales completion screen/invoice had jumped up higher than it had been 2 seconds earlier prior to submit.

Then I set a price alert, and got the original price a day later.

I ordered the web cam version as $20 seemed pretty minimal if the camera was even half way usable since I don't have a web cam outside of the Xbox cam that came with a year's Live access I'd got on clearance awhile back.

Anyway, I'm going to pair this with a Benq G2400WD. It will be interesting to see what they look like together. Might have to get me a dual monitor adjustable stand.

8 dead pixels for Egg's return policy??! Damn. Personally I hate the Egg after an awful experience with computer parts from them. Would Provantage be the next best vendor?

Also am I correct in assuming a PS3 looks great on this monitor? I'm contemplating buying one for this exact reason.

Was there a discount code that you used ? I see it today 3-30 for $336.85 shipped for $353.80

anyone get this thing to work correctly over HDMI with the sleep mode issue? I'm thinking of getting a Blu-Ray drive but only if I can get the HDMI working correctly. Guess I could always swap out the connection when I want HD but that would be a PITA.

Was there a discount code that you used ? I see it today 3-30 for $336.85 shipped for $353.80

That's what I paid when I ordered mine. It is a little more than newegg, but provantage has a better return policy. As far as I know the rebate still applies though(but tomorrow is the last day).

-Kevin

Is there a way to get this monitor to not auto switch video inputs? It's a pain to have this switch inputs just because the comp I am using on that input was restarted or went to sleep.

PS, I am absolutely loving this monitor :D.

Back