Games that use Directx 9.0c crash computer

jeffline

[H]ard|Gawd
Any game that needs directx 9.0c makes my computer bluse screen (auto restart off)

Games that crash are NFSU:2 and Axis & Allies Demo
This did not start happening until i did my 6 month format/reinstall
i have all the same driver version as i had before the reinstall
Every game that needed older version of dx work fine
Dxdiag reports no problems
Any help please?

Try different driver versions or combinations.

I used to get the same thing with my ti4200. It only works when certain specific drivers are installed in a specific order, other wise, it crashes/bluescreens/resets less than 2 minutes into a DX8.0 game. I used to run NOLF2 everytime i install, if i get past the intro, i'm good to go :p Problem went away when i got to the 5x.xx drivers tho, so it was definitely a driver thing. You might be experiencing the same thing :)

if you post computer specs , that would help those out immensely that choose to try and help you :)

oops :rolleyes:

Axp XP 2000+
Soltek nForce2
768MB ram
Radeon 9700 Pro
SB Audigy
XP Pro Sp2
1x WD 40gb
2x maxtor 80gb
Liteon ldw-4115

update nforce drivers
if still crashing , then try disabling fast writes ..if still crashing ..try updated vidcard drivers , if still crashing try diff set of vidcard drivers ..

try updating sounccard drivers

if still having probs , try reinstalling direct X

...hopefully what has been suggested so far will cure your woes :(

That happened to my AIW Radeon 9800 the exact same thing. Using direct x 9.C caused the card to crash and the machine to reboot or start beeping. As it turns out it was my card and since I had recently bought it (only 10 days) I decided to get a refund. In my case it was my card and it just started happening over night. So i would suggest trying some other drect x 9.C compatible card like a 9800 or an x800 that a friend can lend you just to test..

I think it's DX9c because I'm having the same prob in nfs:u2. I don't think it is any kind of driver issue other than Microsoft sticking it to you.

Back