Games you wish people still played...

Quake TF, Regular Quake DM, CTF, Future vs Fantasy..

Quake was the best computer game i've ever played in my entire life. I have never put more time and had more fun with an online game, ever.

Honestly, I really wish that people still played this and the games were full of people again, i miss this game a lot.

I loved playing Shogo even though the multiplayer was really buggy. The Squishie mod was some of the most fun I've had playing online. Too bad it only lasted for a few weeks before the whole thing kinda disappeared. :(

Counter Strike Beta 5.2. I don't know if it was the maps, the weapons or the players, but every CS release since has failed to match the fun of 5.2.

Subspace. It was like crack for awhile.

I think it went the way of Total Annihilation.

arr4ws said:
theyre still some servers running for DC , i still play it here and there...

True, but it's getting harder and harder to find the ones playing my favorite maps/mods. :( I like the Apache Wars server but lately when I try to get in there it's empty.

I also had a lot of fun playing Call Of Duty MP but I haven't played that since BF:2 came out.

Arcades. My son will never experience the pure joy that arcades were in the 80s. This makes me sad.

action quake and i miss the Desert combat as well, may be servers but i havent got installed atm, so blah.

DaRat said:
Quake TF, Regular Quake DM, CTF, Future vs Fantasy..

Quake was the best computer game i've ever played in my entire life. I have never put more time and had more fun with an online game, ever.

Honestly, I really wish that people still played this and the games were full of people again, i miss this game a lot.

100% agreed. It really went down hill once they released the source code. Gotwalls really killed it and they didnt really have a good way to detect it because anyone could use a simple hex editor to change the command parimeters it was looking for. All you had todo was instead of +autoaim change it to say +automia and the servers wouldnt detect it. Then everyone went to tfc and cs and tfc just wasnt the same tf. If only punkbuster was around back then.

Flak Pyro said:
Tribes 2

About 50or 60 people still play it these days.
And probably most of them cheat. I installed and played the game probably two years ago and there were a lot of cheaters in the game. It was truely a great game. I am very disapointed that T:V didn't take off. It was a decent game but developer support was dropped almost the day the game came out and it crumbled very quickly.

BF1942

I know people still play it, but nothing like it was in it's prime. There were numerous 64-player servers on each map 24/7, and now, well......

ATW said:
BF1942

I know people still play it, but nothing like it was in it's prime. There were numerous 64-player servers on each map 24/7, and now, well......

I agree. I miss the hey day of it, especially since they haven't released a replacement yet that has come close to capturing the fun of the original.

Alien vs. Predator 2. I had sooo much fun playing that game online. The best way to kill people as a predator was to throw your remote mines at people and detonate them in the air when they were close. So many good memories...

NFSU2. best graphics of all of them, better looking ricers, way better tuning (they changed the system because no one could ever figure out what the graphs ment... dumbasses). none of the nfs games were ever really big MMOs. too bad, they were awsome online.

MW was the same. no one is online ever anymore.

Quake 3 Rocket Area for me.... never played a game online so much.... so many memories of playing with my best friends :mad: I'll miss those days

starsiege is a distant 2nd

Quakeworld Teamfortress.

I miss playing classic maps such as 2forts, Hunted, Canalzone, and Rock 1 & 2. Playing COOP online before Quakeworld was released was tons of fun too.

command and conquer renegade, i know its not much for quality, but for me its all about experiencing the strat games ive been playin for ten years in third person.

Air Buccaneers, a mod for UT2004.

A truly fun game which required team work, but you could do some crazy stuff on your own.

BF2, for more than 20 min.....

but mostly CS:S, used to be big in CS 1.5/1.6/beta played source for a while should go back..

UnMinded said:
My friend still plays fairly regularly. He does tell me there's usually not many people playing.

I tried Tribes2 the other day for the first time in a while. Not too many big servers running anymore, but I was surprised there were still several servers with 30ish people on them.

SuperSubZero said:
My friend still plays fairly regularly. He does tell me there's usually not many people playing.

I tried Tribes2 the other day for the first time in a while. Not too many big servers running anymore, but I was surprised there were still several servers with 30ish people on them.
Were you sure they were not all bots?

Completely agree with Air Buccaneers. The game was so much fun when there were some good servers online. Me and my friends used to play it on LAN and it was a ton of fun, but a couple of us started having problems with UT2k4 itself and it was too much of a hassle for them to reinstall, so it fell in favor of some other LAN games.

There is two games that I would love to see more people playing...

My first true online addiction was to Subspace. A game that was not meant to be a game but just a test of netcode that took off. Its still around and with about 1000 people playing in 2 really big servers taking the lion share that community but its not the same.

My second online addiction was Tribes 2. First night I had it, I did not sleep...played for about 16 hours straight! Found a great tribe(ie clan) to play with and we did ladders. Never made it that high but had a lot of fun practicing and coming up with strats to cap/protect flags.

And there is a third one too, Earth and Beyond. I loved that game ever since I got into the second phase of beta testing. To bad EA pulled the plug way to soon on it :(

C&C Renegade

Its nice to see that a few others mentioned Renegade. This was the game that got me into PC gaming. Lots of teamwork opportunities or you could do your own thing. I like weapon physics in newer games but its nice to shoot exactly where your mouse is pointed.

Alien vs Predator

It was nice playing this game through the life of 3 comps and watching the graphics just get cooler and cooler. Still looks great.

Total Annihilation!

and origional HL Deathmatch. Me and some buds still LAN HL1 DM

Back