Games you would like to see make a comeback...

Tie Fighter and X-Wing, if they keep the old 'feel' to the game and upgrade the graphics. I remember spending almost an hour beating down a Star Destroyer with my x-wing, then having it disappear into hyper-space just before I managed to destroy it. I would love to play this game with an engine good enough to stress my video card and CPU.

FF7 would be sweet with upgraded graphics....IF Square could keep the original artwork style even with the upgraded graphics.

Phantasmagoria, Hexen, Heretic, Rise Of The Triad. All FTW!!!

if they could recapture the magic of Descent.. that would be pretty cool.

Jazz Jackrabit

Mechwarrior... but ONLY IF ITS DONE RIGHT!

Marble Madness with the revmote

I would also really love to see a new Duke Nukem done in 2D, like the originals, but using all the new technology. I really really miss 2D platfomers, not every game needs to be in 3D for gods sake...

System Shock 2 was a cool game... I'd vote for that for a series comeback...

I'd also vote for Deus Ex and a city bulding/strategy continuation of the Caesar series...

CodeX said:
I really really miss 2D platfomers, not every game needs to be in 3D for gods sake...
Agreed!
Bring back platformers! or at least a hybrid of 3D like Einhander.

Check out Shadowgrounds. New game feels like Doom3 meets gauntlet

Nasty_Savage said:
Have you tried Empire at War? Its almost exatly the same with an option to control real time ground combat. If you skip it, its more or less the same IMO.

haha, you read my mind, i was searching lucas' site for similar games and am thinking i am going to give that one a try :D

is GoldenEye a classic? :)

OH - AeroBizz or TopGear for SNES :)

hity645 said:
There is alot of difference between the two, I would consider EAW a sub to Rebellion. EAW is an RTS, Rebellion is completely different in its own way. They left alot out, but I suppose that would be coming with an expansion pack or future release of a EAW II.

I wanted to see a Rebellion II with more expanded universe content, and option to go through the SW timeline and eventually get to the DSII. :)

We should all write lucas and let him know :) the DSII part would be sweet. - i loved building a death star annd blowing up the planets and then trying to be diplomatic to get my rating's back up - going tohave to find the game now :D - i mean the game even had real time multiplayer!!!! like come on!

merlin704 said:
Hexen, Heretic, Rise Of The Triad. All FTW!!!

Maybe the old Day of the Tentacle style games. :) Fun times! If they are the old games, they have to be done right. Keep the gameplay there and update the graphics. It seems like a lot of developers are having that problem lately. Doom 3 for example. For me, it was a tech demo. The originals were much better. From the get go you were out shooting bad guys, not on a recon mission.

Earthworm Jim was awesome. I, too, would love to see a remake of this. It started my infactuation with Shiny Entertainment and David Perry. Awesome man.

Amanda ;)

Wow, you guys just made me dust off my X-wing Alliance Disc. Good times. And it doesn't look all that bad at 16 x 12. Anyway, remakes or comebacks I would like to see:

Descent
X-Wing / TIE Fighter
Red Alert (more games like the original)

I'm sure there's some others I'm forgetting too.

MechWarrior 3 rocked, but MechWarior 4 stunk. Bring back MechWarrior, in a more classic MechWarrior 3 form; things like controls and my beloved mechlab.

Mechlab!!!

Having said that, it would be nice to improve upon it, with larger teams, and perhaps an ability to share mech-designs with teammates before engaging in battle for thier use and/or review. If it could take advantage of some of the upcoming physics-processor stuff it might be really cool.

Techx said:
I want an out of this world aka another world remake, that shit would be hot

OUT OF THIS WORLD was a sick ass game!
I would love to see a remake of that.

P.S. Stay the fuck out of my mind!
You mind reading SOB

TheCommander said:
Herzog Zwei

Definitely. What a great game.

Also:

Bionic Commando and Super Dodgeball. Oh wait, I'll be able to get all these games on my Wii Wii! Yes!!!

Oh how I would love a proper Mechwarrior game. Seriously, big stompy robots unleashing laser death, whats not to love. I picture it now, stomping through oblivion like forests, hunting deer with heat seeking rockets, oh the joy.

Red Baron

Air Warrior

Red Alert style C&C

Starcraft sequel

A better Mechwarrior than number 4 was. (Oh, number 2 was amazing)

Monkey Island

Wing Commander

Rebel Assualt and the X-Wing/Tie Fighter games

A remake of Vietcong that doesnt suck

Another vote for

Starcraft
Tie Fighter <-- best game ever made.

I don't do much nostalgia gaming, but I could play Tie Fighter over and over. Ahh good ol DOS. :p

Langford said:
MechWarrior 3 rocked, but MechWarior 4 stunk. Bring back MechWarrior, in a more classic MechWarrior 3 form; things like controls and my beloved mechlab.

Mechlab!!!

Having said that, it would be nice to improve upon it, with larger teams, and perhaps an ability to share mech-designs with teammates before engaging in battle for thier use and/or review. If it could take advantage of some of the upcoming physics-processor stuff it might be really cool.
mech2 was superior to mech 3...in every way. too bad it was older with dated graphics and no real strategy involved (flat maps)

i can't believe NOBODY has played battletech here!!

Syndicate - I played the living shit out of that game and it's expansion American Rebellion. Syndicate Wars sucked ass, though.

Neuromancer - Redone well with today's tech, that could be an incredible cyberpunk game

Starflight - One of my first games on the PC. A friend and I would play for like nine straight hours and not notice the time

Blood series

Interstate series - that was some funky fresh fun stuff.

synergyo1 said:
Monkey Island, Grim Fandago, Loom, Sam and Max...

I am getting a little nostalgic over here :)

yumm... all great titles. I'm currently feeding on Dreamfall.... and when I find the time, Syberia 2. :)

But another monkey island would rock my world.

Nasty_Savage said:
Point taken. Although you can auto resolve the RTS elements, its not really recommended since you lose boat loads of units.

I do that for all invading land battles, 3 of each unit and 4 of each infantry makes me a winner everytime. Build up that planets defences/space station and build up my army again. Takes about 15 minutes, but I hate the land battle. Its too small, and overly unfair IMO. Rebels get intense artillery which eats threw everything.

MrGuvernment said:
We should all write lucas and let him know :) the DSII part would be sweet. - i loved building a death star annd blowing up the planets and then trying to be diplomatic to get my rating's back up - going tohave to find the game now :D - i mean the game even had real time multiplayer!!!! like come on!

I was going to write to LA years ago, after I beat Rebellion. But on LA's site it said, No game idea emails. So disappointed. Me and a guy I knew used to play for hours, he'd quit cause I always had the best fleet. He'd build up ships as they were researched...Id wait til I got ISD II and SSD's. He'd get so fed up, he'd quit. We even tried once with all our fleets in one battle, it took 30 minutes to reach each other...then the computer(s) crashed. :) I'd definatly buy Rebellion II if they decide to come out with it. I paid $50 for Rebellion even after it had been out for years, and should have been $10 bin game. Well worth it.

Id like to get a shot at the BoE. With me commanding the fleet, the Rebellion would lose. :evil:

I can't believe I'm the only one that wants Elite to come back.

Damn you all :`(

Punch Out!!
Battletoads
Shadowrun (in the style of the SNES one, and not FPS)
Carmageddon
Heretic
Relentless

phoderpants said:
Bionic Commando and Super Dodgeball. Oh wait, I'll be able to get all these games on my Wii Wii! Yes!!!

I loved super dodgeball! They actually made a sequel for the gba, I think it was one of the first games for it. It was pretty good, but it lacked the old-school charm of the original.

Back