Gamespot Crysis hardware feature

asmielia

Limp Gawd
http://www.gamespot.com/features/61...nvert&om_clk=gumballs&tag=gumballs;subtitle;0

I can definitely say there are parts in this game that absolutely murder my machine. I could really go for 2x9800gtx's in sli right about now.

Even if you get 35 fps during the gpu test, expect your machine to cry during some sections. I'd say you'd need to get like 80fps during that gpu test to maintain a smooth framerate throughout the game.

yeah the very end when you fight that machine, i had to drop everything to low/medium. it looked nothing like the video i saw in dx9vsdx10.

yeah the very end when you

Some might consider that a spoiler. You might want to edit that a little :eek:

I'm liking the Gamespot hardware reviews, simply because of the number of graphs they give you. Seeing how useless stronger CPUs were at 1600x1200 on high settings with an 8800GTX was interesting. I just hope all their testing is valid.

Seeing how useless stronger CPUs were at 1600x1200 on high settings with an 8800GTX was interesting. I just hope all their testing is valid.

Crysis, in contrast to what they said, is more GPU dependant at high res, by far....

Crysis, in contrast to what they said, is more GPU dependant at high res, by far....

Oh yes, I realize that. The comment about their validity was only based on that they're very new to hardware reviewing, as far as I know.

I feel a little stupid thinking of buying a Q6600 when an E6300 would give me the same performance.

wow this game must be shader intensive

2600xt x1950 pro beats out a 7900gtx
x1650xt beats a 7900gs

Pretty much crysis is mainly 80 percent gpu dependent it seems like. I guess when you use all those shaders and post processing effects it really needs the gpu juice big time:)

Back