Gamespot review of HD4000 series

Gamespot should stick with reviewing games (and they even fail miserably there sometimes).

The fact that they're the only review out on the entire web that shows the 4800 stink tells me they don't have a friggin clue.

That's a crappy review, just like the people who comment it ("do as you like, buy an ati card and cry watching your games crash").

Yea crappy review, numbers look off. They also needed to include the GTX 260, would have thought that was obvious.

Well Gamespot lots a lot of credits when they fired one of their top reviewers from dissing a game that was advertising on Gamespot.

Remember Gamespot are the same idiots that showed nearly perfect 8800gt SLI scaling in Crysis when even Nvidia said that SLI didnt work properly with the 169.01 drivers. IMO Gamespot cannot be trusted.

Yeah, gamespot is biased. Why has it come out as the only one review where 9800gtx is overall better than 4850?

GameSpot is a worthless review website.
Games, hardware, it doesn't matter.

If HardOCP and Anand say one thing, and GameSpot says another, I'm siding with the real reviewers on this one. If I had to guess, I'd say GameSpot was in Nvidia's pocket, as they have always been in the past.

Where is this review saying that the 4800's stink?

The Radeon HD 4870 leads the pack in most of the single-GPU tests and shows decent scaling in CrossFire mode.

The Radeon HD 4850 also looks like a compelling choice at the $200 price point. It beats out the GeForce 8800 GT, but the GeForce 9800 GTX+ will be formidable competition when it comes out in July. Nevertheless the Radeon HD 4850 remains a great choice for price-conscious gamers looking for the latest in PC graphics at a reasonable price.

Where in that do you see anything but a positive review?

Gamespot is a game site not a hardware site. I would not put much stock in their findings.

Some of their numbers are way off. It's not about whether or not the review is positive; the 4850 still is not performing as well as it should be in their reviews. The 4850 has far superior AA performance to the 9800GTX, and yet the review shows it losing to the GTX in many of the benchmarks, including the ones performed with AA. Plus, I don't trust a single thing that Gamespot says since the whole Gerstmann scandal. When most of the longest-running editorial staff leaves a site, you know that something fishy is going on.

Most peoples here probably didnt even read the review, but I agree some numbers seems way off.

I think the point is that you get a lot of people who just immediately look at the charts and don't care to read the rest.

+1. The analysts at gamespot can say what they like. In the end I just look at the charts to judge whether the card is a good or bad one.

I get a kick outta just reading all the comments. :rolleyes:

"don't buy anything thats a mac people!!!!!!!!!!! you will kill the pc for good "
"Can someone email me explaining the function of the 6 pin-power? I've never used it" :D

Back