Gamespy's Top 10 Scariest Games

everyone keeps telling me about this bathroom in doom3, but i never saw it! when was i supposed to get this scare? and what happenned?

MrWoot said:
everyone keeps telling me about this bathroom in doom3, but i never saw it! when was i supposed to get this scare? and what happenned?

in the first level you look in the mirror (or are sopoesd to) and you admire how nice your (insert card here) renders well, you, and you get one of those "red moments" and you (in the mirror) turns into a montoser, or somethingl ike that, haven't played it in awhile

yes that bathroom part will make you think about wetting yourself if you are expecting a "normal" doom3 bathroom visit :p

glad to see people giving resident evil the respect it deserves too. very well made (remade) game and is very scary too

I don't like their list...

Doom 3 is somewhat scary with a proper system (video/audio) and environment (alone in dark room)

But then again, the same can be said for a few other games.

Oh man, when that bathtub started filling up wtih blood in Silent Hill 3, my friend and I were freaking the hell out.

was it just me, or is clive barker's undying not scary! i went back to playing it and it's just not scary anymore! doom 3 is the scariest game i've ever played now that i think about it, it still bugs me out with the volume up really loud. the whole damn atmosphere of that game is frikkin scary!

Very few games have managed to make me tense, or even jump. However, there have been a few that have gripped me just like your good horror film does. Off the top of my mind...

Alien Vs. Predator (made me tense, and my hand sweated so much my mouse slipped a lot)
Alien Vs. Predator 2 (see above)
Doom 3 (The bathroom scene never even made me jump)
Thief 3 (Just the Cradle level)
Silent Hill (All of them)
Resident Evil (All of them)

oh man, i remember in AVP2 just running from the aliens and coming to a pipe where i had to cut with the torch, and as i'm cutting i start getting attacked so i just whip around to the last gun i had... damn rocket launcher blew me apart.

... got the fuckers though. ;)

AVP 2 I can buy. But System Shock 2 should be on top according to me.
And Thief 3 for it´s 2 hour level Shalebridge Cradle should be on the top just for that level. No game be it Doom3, System Shock 2, AVP 2, AVP, Silent Hill, Resident Evil have ever had such a masterpiece. The story, sound, lightning, atmosphere, enemies everything plays together to create the perfect level.

undying wasnt scary at all.... it was pretty lame....

doom3, IMO, is VERY scary with a 5.1 audio system.... the subwoofer shaking feet and all.

exactly, doom 3 is the scariest game i've ever played, not the same for some people though

i don't see how anybody could be scared of undying though. the game seems very silly. stupid ghosts saying "boo" and stuff makes it funny, not scary. :eek:

No 2D games on this list, huh? That destroys almost all of its credibility.

1D. You have to actually see something (OTHER than the text) for it to be 2D.

Back