Gaming Head Phones

BingeBoy

Weaksauce
Hi I'm looking for 5.1 or 7.1 headphones for gaming. I willing to spend around 100 for something that is high quality and going to last. Everything I've looking at seems cheap even the more expensive stuff.

Can anyone make some recommendations?

Koss SB40.

If you don't have a soundcard, get an X-Fi XtremeGamer or XtremeMusic. The total for headphones + sound card will be about $100.

Don't go for 5.1 headphones. They're crap for audio quality. Stereo headphones do a fantastic job already at positional, and have good audio quality to boot.

I used to use 5.1 headphones my self but I got tired of the ones I had and bought some ATH-AD700 and my sound card. After I sold my razer HP1+AC1. But if you must have them then the TB HPA2 should fit your bill, if you dont have sound quailty as the higher importance.

But I do recommand if you just buy a pair ATH-AD700 and then buy a clip on mic. They do a great job at positional already that I dont even need to use CMS3D mode.

I just use 2.0/2.1 mode to get the best out of them, since headphone mode kill the sound stage of the ATH-AD700. Newegg had them for 103 when they had them in stock also beach audio had them in stock for 108.

Actually if I was you, I would just go with a pair ATH-AD700/A700 or the 770Pro if your a bass head and the zalman clip on mic.

Use Windows volume control, the in-line volume controls are just one more thing that can break.

Also avoid 5.1 headphones, they sound like shit and EAX-enabled games do REALLY well with regular Headphones in Headphone mode, way better than the fake 5.1 headphones.

Those headphones you linked are peices of shit, to be honest. Go with a decent set of regular headphones from a reliable brand. Koss, Sennheiser, Grado, a few other good ones out there.

Might as well try the Koss ones since they are so cheap. I'm just a little worried since I use sony and jvc headphones for my ipod and work machine that i my mind suck and cost 2x as much as those.

Might as well try the Koss ones since they are so cheap. I'm just a little worried since I use sony and jvc headphones for my ipod and work machine that i my mind suck and cost 2x as much as those.

Sony and JVC are overpriced for the quality you get, so that is to be expected.

Back