Gaming headset NON USB

jstanthr

Limp Gawd
Whats the deal with all the good headsets being USB? im looking for a closed ear set of surround type phones. any ideas?

USB allows the headset to become an alternate audio device. I then set Vent and other voice functions to this device, while game sound comes through my surround speakers. Probably not functionaly for everyone, but works out well for me.

Fatal1ty MKII is a good buy, Steelseries Siberia v2 also gets great reviews. Interestingly both headsets are second revisions that improve on previous not-so-successful models. If you have cash to burn consider Beyerdynamics MMX series...A lot depends on your budget. You might want to have a look on this article: Gaming Headset Review Roundup from Tomsguide

i saw a set somewhere that had like 4 3.5 cables to do surround with but for the life of me can't remember which they were. the reason im not wanting usb is because why use a beefed up soundcard and a usb headset, that would be like building a top end i7 rig and using a pci video card imo, but im sure u get the point, thanks for all the help thus far.

I use the senn pc350's they're expensive, but well worth the money if you want good headphones and can't stand desk mics.

They might not be the best sound quality for music, but the SteelSeries 5H v2 or Icemat Siberia v2s have the best sound position that I've used in a head set.

Back