Gaming Headset

I believe that is what I have. I used it for RB6 games and it worked great.

Does the pc150 have both quality sound and a mic that doesn't make you sound like a robot (I want everyone to hear my prepubescent 45 year old voice and not something synthetic). Do the headphones have better quality than my current Sennheiser Eh 150s? If I got a usb headset, would it utilize my sound card?

pc150 are really good but for gaming headset i think the best are Icemat Siberias. had both and definitly siberias are better, those will make ur ears hurt after an hour or so.

But the Siberias easily break. The Sennheiser maybe not as comfortable, but they take a little time getting used to.

Pepiz said:
pc150 are really good but for gaming headset i think the best are Icemat Siberias. had both and definitly siberias are better, those will make ur ears hurt after an hour or so.

Seconded.

Also, not sure where Miyagi got that from, maybe just a faulty set - i've run over my siberias in my chair about five times now, and the paint isn't even chipped. Audio quality is stupendous, too, very rich, and the mic's good on top. Comfy also.

The concensus on the gaming forums I frequent recommend picking up a pair of Sennheiser 280 pro and buying a seperate clip on mic elsewhere. I got the Zalman one that I'm told sounds better than the old Plantronics headset I had. The plantronics headset supposedly broke easily for other people but mine lasted a good while. I like my new Senn/Zalman set up better because it's more comfortable and it sounds a little better. Another advantage of getting a combo of earphones and mic instead of a headset is that when one breaks, you're not stuck with half a headset like I was with my Plantronics (mic died).

Pipo said:
The concensus on the gaming forums I frequent recommend picking up a pair of Sennheiser 280 pro and buying a seperate clip on mic elsewhere. I got the Zalman one that I'm told sounds better than the old Plantronics headset I had. The plantronics headset supposedly broke easily for other people but mine lasted a good while. I like my new Senn/Zalman set up better because it's more comfortable and it sounds a little better. Another advantage of getting a combo of earphones and mic instead of a headset is that when one breaks, you're not stuck with half a headset like I was with my Plantronics (mic died).

A really good set of headphones like that is a waste though if you don't have a really good soundcard to go along with it. The price is very high also.

Actually, I think a really good sound card is a waste without really good headphones. Where can I buy a strap on?

Wally said:
Seconded.

Also, not sure where Miyagi got that from, maybe just a faulty set - i've run over my siberias in my chair about five times now, and the paint isn't even chipped. Audio quality is stupendous, too, very rich, and the mic's good on top. Comfy also.

Maybe because that's what happened to mine (I was placing them gently over my head and they snapped, I replaced them with 5H's, but the mic went bad and returned them). If you search other forums like GotFrag, you'll see that there are numerous complaints that they break very easily. (You can see some pictures in the gallaries with pros taping theirs because they snapped)

you can't go wrong with the audigy 2 ZS and sennheiser pc150s. great quality for the money. there is better out there for sure, but this combo is the best bang for the buck i feel.

I absolutely LOVE my PC150's. I've had my set for almost 2 years now and they've put up with a lot of punishment.

They are AWESOME gaming headphones and pretty damn decent for music too for what they cost.

Can anyone point me to a good strap on? I already have decent headphones and plan on getting even better.

Does the pc150 isolate sound well? I really don't feel comfortable when the moaning sounds leak out of phones and other people know what I'm doing.

they are open headphones so yeah the leak like crazy. no headset under 100 bucks isolates well.

Ok, then all I need is a strap/clip on mic. Do they even existed? Someone mentioned a clip on mic but I haven't had success finding one.

Speedlink Medusas. About the same price as the Sennheisers and sound 1000000xs better.

Mr. Miyagi said:
Maybe because that's what happened to mine (I was placing them gently over my head and they snapped, I replaced them with 5H's, but the mic went bad and returned them). If you search other forums like GotFrag, you'll see that there are numerous complaints that they break very easily. (You can see some pictures in the gallaries with pros taping theirs because they snapped)

Righto, fair enough. Mine seem absurdly tough, but I guess they won't all be like that :rolleyes:

Back