Gaming Laptop consumes less power?

mario2409

n00b
Sorry to bother you all, but I wanted to know if overall a gaming laptop uses less power than a gaming desktop. Currently I have desktop that uses a 850 Watt power supply... if I were to get the alienware M17 would the M17 use less power than my current desktop?

your desktop maxes out at 850 watts...
laptop power bricks max out at 150-200 in the high end and thats only if it's going full out AND charging

Easily will produce less power, not I would recommend you check out the notebook review forums before putting all that money into the Alienware M17.

Definitely check notebook review, I was gonna purchase a m17 till i checked it out.

My 7811 pulls about 115W at the wall while playing Fallout3. My desktop (specs in sig) pulled about 300W.

Also if you leave your rig on all the time, the laptop at idle will consume way less then the desktop under most conditions. The laptops have much better power management capabilities then the desktops.

Choder, how were you able to pull those numbers?:confused:

Another thing to point out, is that I would be mostly just be playing wow and starcraft 2... so I don't even believe that the m17 is worth the money.

Choder, how were you able to pull those numbers?:confused:

Another thing to point out, is that I would be mostly just be playing wow and starcraft 2... so I don't even believe that the m17 is worth the money.

By using a Kill-A-Watt.

Back