Gaming laptop with a touchscreen

quixotic

Gawd
I'm looking for a laptop for a friend. He intends to use it as a desktop replacement for gaming but not much else, and his budget is flexible. Minimum screen size 15" but 17" is preferred, along with decent battery life (>3 hours of normal use). One of his main requirements is touchscreen.

I've been out of the laptop loop for quite a while, so I'm looking for some recommendations (ones that can ship ASAP). I checked Dell Studio 17, but reviews are mixed to poor, with low benchmark scores.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Actually the most decent gaming touch screen laptop that is currently available, and I know, not the tm2 again, but yes, the tm2 because its the ONLY touch screen with a discrete GPU option unfortunately that I've seen, that's one of the reasons I bought mine.

As discussed in another thread there is a tm2 refresh coming next month that will have i3/i5 and my i7 ULV CPUs and talk is of a 5450 GPU upgrade option. No monster of a gaming GPU for sure but even my current tm2 runs games pretty decently at lower settings. It's not going to run Metro 2033 or Crysis but things like StarCraft 2, WoW, no sweat.

Now the problem is that tm2 is a 12.1" screen so that might be a deal breaker. The only reason I bought up the tm2 is that it is the only touch screen Windows device with a dedicated GPU on the market and that's just a requirement for a gaming machine. Also the tm2 is a convertible tablet, not a conventional laptop, not sure if that matters. It does have HDMI out though.

Just letting you know what I know about the subject as this is something that I've actually researched.

Back