Gaming mATX Motherboard

[H]utch

Weaksauce
Hey
Looking to switch into a SFF case (probably Lian LI PC-V350) for ease of carrying to/from LAN. What are some good gaming mATX motherboards? Is the new DFI 790GX-M2RS the best these days?

AMD or Intel, either or.

Thanks!

What's your budget?
Will you be overclocking?
What features do you need on the motherboard?

BTW there is no "gaming" motherboard.

What's your budget?
Will you be overclocking?
What features do you need on the motherboard?

BTW there is no "gaming" motherboard.

Budget: <~$200

I will probably be overclocking but nothing major. I know there is no "gaming" motherboards, I used that term to hopefully indicate some of the features I would be looking for, such as suppport for faster RAM (1066 or higher), PCIe 2.0 16x (only necessary on one since I will not be using Crossfire/SLI).

I am current looking at the DFI JR 790GX-M2RS ans DFI JR P45-T2RS. Any comments/suggestions?

For gaming, stick to Intel. The DFI P45 is the best mATX board for all-out performance, but that's because of its x8/x8 Crossfire. If you are sure you'll be sticking to a single card, then any G45 with the video disabled will give comparable performance.

if you are going w/ a single gpu solution, I would recommend the asus p5e VM HDMI, works great...never had any complaints....well except for the sata connector placement.

Thanks for the input guys, now to decide between the Asus and the two DFIs.

Back