Gaming Mouse Pad

jbweldon04

n00b
I've had the same mouse pad for over five years. I think it's time for me to invest some money in a good mouse pad. I have the MX1000 laser mouse from logitech and I want to get something that matches this pad pretty good. I don't want to spend over 25 on the pad. What do ya'll guys suggest?
I trust everyone's judgment here more than a review by one person.

Ratpadz XT !!!!!!!! 24.99 shipped

quoting myself from a previous thread
----------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by hellomcfly
just opened my ratpadz XT , loving it , reminds me of my original ratpad from years ago

- very well made, thick / heavy with round smooth edges
- 9 slip resistant dots on the underside
- made in the USA and [H]

whats not to love !
-----------------------------------------------------

www.ratpadz.com

ill be using ratpadz till my arm(s) falls off

I prefer a smoother surface and ended up on the func 1030 archetype. Great pad. I gave the rougher side a try and ended up with the smooth one. Perfect size too and its low to the desk.

Thanx for the help. I went with the fUNC 1030 simply because you can customize the look of it. It looks better with graphic designs than the bland blackness.
I'm really looking forward to testing it out.

You will. The black if you change your mind can be had for 24$ before shipping from some place. Wish I had the scratch to get the printed one. I have the same mouse as you also. I noticed some grab/drag when first using the pad as I guess my mouse feet started to scuff up the surface. That disappeared after another week and now it is smooth as butter. I like the tin.

Thanx for the help. I went with the fUNC 1030 simply because you can customize the look of it. It looks better with graphic designs than the bland blackness.
I'm really looking forward to testing it out.

You should be happy with that. I have the fUNC F30.r which is huge and I love it. I prefer a rough surface rather then a smooth one. It seems to work very well with my MX518. Hopefully you'll like your 1030 as much as I like my F30.r... :D

I have the fUNC 1030 smooth side, and I love it...it is the greatest mouse pad I have ever used.

I use a Black Icemat. The pad is a 8 x 10 glass surface. It works great along side a mx1000 and a mx518.

I currently use a razer exactmat, never had a problem with it, and i love it. I just recently won a Steel pad s&s, through some tournament so I'll receive it in the mail in the next few days hopefully, will be interesting using a cloth pad for a change.

I use a Black Icemat. The pad is a 8 x 10 glass surface. It works great along side a mx1000 and a mx518.

i have the icemat 2nd edition.. love the big surface area.. the best mouse pad i have ever used... easy to clean also.. just use 409 cleaning or anything and wipe is smooth... will neverbend or loose shape :D

FUNC Surface 1030 Archetype.

Best. Mouspad. Ever.

lol, I heard a lot of good stuff about that mousepad. IGN rated it 9/10 and said that it was the best mousepad ever. I'm thinking of picking one up myself :D Link to the review:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/667/667965p1.html

You can also get ones w/ anything printed it on the mousepad at fUnc's website for around $6 more.

Ratpadz-BFGPTFE_728x90.gif

Nuff said...

I got a razor eXactmat, its nice, two different surfaces (rough and smooth), and backed by an alluminum plate, whats not to love. Only two beefs are that the pads which keep it from moving from the desk are wearing off (to be expected since its over a year old), and I wasn't a big fan of the wrist wrest, but thats prob just based on how im sitting.

I have a Ratpadz GS that I got a few days ago and also picked up a Laser mouse pad that says "www.handstands.com" on it. I found that at Compusa for like 6 bux. Personally, I prefer the handstands mouse pad. It's flat and fast as hell and smoother than the Ratzpad. Mouse glides over it like a champ. And it's flat and has a sticky back to it. It's kinda weird. It's not sticky to the feel but when you put it on the desk, it doesn't move unless you peel it up. Like little suction cups or somethin'. It's about the same size as the Ratpadz too minus the two parts on the left and right of the ratpadz that curve downward a bit. Which..I think those are just for design because I can't think of a situation where my mouse would go there very often....
I really perfer the flat pad because if you are into some heavy gaming and your mouse slips off the pad, no big deal. On a pad like a normal thick mousepad or a ratzpad, if you slip off the pad, you're dead. If the ratpad was twice the size, I think it would be better....
I'm thinking about getting another one of these handstands pads just to make things bigger...and they're only 6 bux. So cool......

I switched back to cloth when I got my deathadder with the Razer Matis speedpad, frickin awsome. Add some teflon skates and all is good. I really like having the giant pad.

Back