Gaming NIC Card only $279.99

Finally, consider one other aspect of LLR™. A portion of the proceeds from every LLR™ product you buy goes into ongoing research on Lag and how to fight it. Bigfoot Networks is dedicated to doing whatever it takes to fight Lag now, and in the future.

I lold

I didn't see one actual picture, just computer rendererd ones... perhaps this is a joke, hm? :rolleyes: The website isn't exactly the most professional either.

It's not worth spending $280 for a NIC card when you still need the packets to go through hundreds on routers (over which you have no control) to get to the destination.

BIGGEST SCAM I'VE EVER SEEN

See the funniest thing about this product is the fact that the company apparently has no frigging clue what lag is. They classify having anything below 45FPS on your computer as lag :eek: Last time I checked lag had absolutely nothing to do with FPS, and also having a low ping isn't a precursor to lag free gaming either (the second of their three tenets of lag). According to my former next door neighbor and inventor of TCP/IP lag is caused primarily by fluxtuations in ping moreso than a high ping alone.

gD Hardware.com Interview said:
Bigfoot Networks is dedicated to fighting Lag in online games, which we define as anything bad that happens in a game that is out of the gamer’s control.
Like getting owned?

Glyphic said:
It comes bundled with aimbots.

That explains how myg0t got so good!
They must use this super cool NIC and the aimbots! Duh RaY............ :rolleyes:

i think it would be cool to have as a novelty item. put it in a display case right next to your voodoo5 6000

What a POS, the sad part is that some kid will get their parents to buy it for them...

SuX0rz said:
What a POS, the sad part is that some kid will get their parents to buy it for them...

It ain't sadness, it's stupidity. The onus is on the buyer to research what he/she is buying. Anybody can sell any piece of crap so it's the buyer's fault for putting down the money.

We can all scoff at the losers who put down the $250 for this thing. lol

In addition... Anyone seen a review on this product or any benchmarks for it? I can't wait to see the reviews for this thing...

JSC450 said:
if it made a significant difference, then that would be cool... but whos going to have room for one with 2 vga cards and a x-fi? if they made one in a pcie x1 or x4 flavor it could fit inbetween my cards... but i dont see myself ditching an x-fi for it even if it were $25.

dont for get a PPU :rolleyes:

LOL was reading ther FAQ total joke
and found this at the bottem

"Q: Why don't you make a PCI-E version?

A: PCI was selected for several reasons: Throughput and latency is comparable to PCI-E, and most PCI-E slots are occupied by graphics cards. Additional details can be in the white paper under "Tech Specs" on www.killernic.com"

thats TOTAL bull shit PCIe16x maybe but i have seen alot empty PCIe 1x and 4x slots out there

I'm going to put this thing in my Phantom Console, I will pwn all of your asses.

I want my nickname changed to KILLA'

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH. :eek:

Kidding,kidding.....kind of expensive......I have an old Intel Pro 10/100 I would be glad to sell for only 100 dollars.....it was the first generation killernic.

magoo said:
Kidding,kidding.....kind of expensive......I have an old Intel Pro 10/100 I would be glad to sell for only 100 dollars.....it was the first generation killernic.

rofl - Try marketing it as a 1st gen killer nic on Ebay and you might get a bite! :eek:

So let me get this straight... LLR contravenes the laws of physics and networking?
Latency is a measurement in ms that is defined by the time it takes to generate a packet, send that packet to an endpoint have that endpoint respond to that packet and return a response to the initiator.

If it takes 10 ms for a ping to reach a game server 20 ms for that server to process it and 10 ms for the return trip this card is going to help how?

These guys apparently only showed up for the lecture about P.T. Barnum.
There really must be a sucker born every minute. What is scary is the $4 million in VC from said suckers...

Vapor

also not sure if anyone did any more poking around, but I was reading under the corporate news section and noticed that the first entry in the list was them winning the Moot Corp contest. So I did a google search for moot corp contest and came up with this, http://www.mootcorp.org/about.asp , and this little link http://www.mootcorp.org/Bigfoot Funding.asp . So it would seem a group of MBNA students started this whole craptacular project out. As someone else mentioned earlier this is deffinately going alongside the Phantom console as BS hardware that someone got money for simply doing nothing other than some clever marketing.

well it looks cool right? so if i put a sweet piece of metal that looks like a nijas wepon i to can have low ping??

I really think they should have called it "TEH PINGINATOR" :D a special Fatal1ty edition also available that includes a "LAGOMETER" :eek:

You also receive a 3 month gold membership to the phantom gaming service and a copy of DukeNukem.

I will admit though.....winning that competition for MBAs was pretty impressive. It netted them 4 million in venture capital; which is a shit load more than I have. I just hope they didnt learn marketing from Infinion Labs.

If this makes it to the Best Buy shelfs, it will be the end of the world.

Doesn't CPU utilization only become a factor when maxing out the bandwidth? Most non-MMO games use maybe 5kB/sec. Hardly going to hit the CPU. In fact, sometimes offloading to the NIC's proc can induce more latency. Nearly three bills is not worth this. Latency is also dictated by the gateway ping and ISP's routing, the NIC is not the weakest link. I can't see this going anywhere. Even if Fatal1ty's name was plastered onto it.

Blauman said:
yeah I had to replace my Netwrok Interface Card Card

Be suprised if you did a poll nowadays how many people dont know what the fuck is a NIC is unless you somehow associate the "card" part to it.

I just got my $280 NiC card today...and OMG...negative (!!!1!!11!) pings. I can literally go through the walls in CS! Oh wait...maybe that is just a wallhack....hmmm.

I bought two of these and put them in raid and it actually works!

When playing CS:S it allows me to buy all of my equipment in .2 seconds and zero lag allows me to get to the other enemy's side and even kill a few of them while they are still buying their equipment!

Hulk said:
I bought two of these and put them in raid and it actually works!

When playing CS:S it allows me to buy all of my equipment in .2 seconds and zero lag allows me to get to the other enemy's side and even kill a few of them while they are still buying their equipment!

rofl.. quotes like this make my day

Squishead said:
I just got my $280 NiC card today...and OMG...negative (!!!1!!11!) pings. I can literally go through the walls in CS! Oh wait...maybe that is just a wallhack....hmmm.

you know its kind of funny you should mention negative pings, takes me back to when broadband was released and Quake1 was still very popular, and some times the game would report negative MS as your pings :D

everynow and then it would go from 40 to -5.3, or something close to that number, then shoot back up to the mid 100's

Hey everyone, I am the inventor of the Killer NIC.
This will be my only post in this thread, as I don't want to interrupt your flow.
I applaud your skepticism, and I thank you for the interest in our Killer Network Card. It has been my personal vision for many years.
I hope that some of your questions are answered in this FAQ I put together:
http://www.bigfootnetworks.com/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.aspx

If there are still questions, I would love to try to answer them at our sponsored community site: http://www.endlagnow.org
Thanks, Tytus

Tytus said:
Hey everyone, I am the inventor of the Killer NIC.
This will be my only post in this thread, as I don't want to interrupt your flow.
I applaud your skepticism, and I thank you for the interest in our Killer Network Card. It has been my personal vision for many years.
I hope that some of your questions are answered in this FAQ I put together:
http://www.bigfootnetworks.com/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.aspx

If there are still questions, I would love to try to answer them at our sponsored community site: http://www.endlagnow.org
Thanks, Tytus

price it at 50 bucks and youll get more bites heh
NO NIC and i mean NO NIC is woth 280 bucks unless it can also give hea...
realy id bet moeny that your nic is no better then Intel server grade one for 1/4 the price

my favorite so far:

from their faq:
it is being marketed to the kinds of elite gamers who want it to look great, perform even better, and frequent websites such as hardocp and tomshardware.

THEY'RE WATCHING ME :eek:

Back